Admin

Report 7/6/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Current discharge: 449 ML per day.
Water level 04/06/17: 62.3 %
Current inflow: 809 ML per day.
Water level 24/05/17: 63.4 %
Water visibility: 2 metres

Forecast Weather: A slight chance of showers on Thursday. Day time temps for the long weekend reaching 15 deg C and dropping to 2 deg C overnight. Winds will be light. Barometer remaining high through to Tuesday.
Full Moon = 9th June New Moon = 24th June Water Temperature: 16 deg C

Just a quick report this week, as I am busy with training courses.

Murray Cod: Are the main feature on the catch sheet this month. Wayne Anderson had an 80cm fish take his baited hook while fishing along the park foreshore this week. George from Canberra also landed a tidy 85cm fish on a trolled lure in the main basin. The fishing is certainly tougher than during the warmer months but the days have been glorious just to be out on the water.
Yellow Belly: Tough & hard to find. I mentioned in a previous report the fishos were having better luck above the Junction and down deep. The reports from the bottom end of the dam have been very scarce. Might be worth a run up the Bidgee if you are staying with us over the long weekend.

Redfin: Have also started to disappear with less & less being caught. Hopefully, with a few more fishermen here over the weekend I will get a better gauge on what’s still about.

Park News: The Park is looking fantastic. It was around this time last year we started getting the rain and wind which lasted for 5 months. Looking all clear & calm for the next week or so. The park BBQs are now free but remember 20 cents for the showers if you are camping.

Upcoming Events: The 3rd Greg Whitehead Memorial fishing challenge Friday 18th August.

Dean Brind
Manager IWHP Burrinjuck Waters
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au
http://www.inlandwaters.com.au