Weekly Report 6/9/13

Post by Tony Zann » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:03 am

Rain last 7 days: 0.0 mm
Water level current: 51.2 %
Water level: 28/08/13 50.3 %
Current discharge: 607 ML per day.
Current inflow: 1867 ML per day.
Water visibility: up to 1.5 metres
Forecast Weather: Showers predicted Friday & clearing for the weekend. Temps between 12 & 20 degrees
New Moon = Sep 5th Full Moon = Sep 19th Water Temperature: 14 - 17.5 deg
Murray Cod: (Closed Season) 3 months from 1st September. So as not to encourage the illegal targeting of Murray Cod, I have decided not to include Murray Cod in my report during this time.
Yellow Belly: The weather has been fantastic and the water temperature is on the rise. I managed to find quite large areas of water over 17 degrees on the weekend with the coldest dropping to around 14.5. Above 18 degrees we start to see a bit more activity. It has been Very quiet during the day for the trolling and casting brigade. The best results are from the bait fisherman off the bank in the evenings. I had a report from one fisho who after trolling around all day for nil. Set up camp on the Goodradigbee River and decided to drown some worms. 15 yellows, some over 50 cm, wasn’t a bad evenings fishing. He only kept a couple for fathers day lunch. Also hearing the odd good report from around Scrubby from bait fisherman doing Ok with frozen shrimp and worms around the trees.
Redfin: Starting to here of a few fish being picked up on the troll and Cast. Around and above Cathedral Rock.
Trout: No reports This Week
Silver Perch: No reports this week
Park News: We still have accommodation available for the October long weekend and also for the upcoming school holidays. We will have some live Music in the park on the Sunday of the long weekend before the grand final. All the football matches will also be shown over the weekend, 02 62278114 for bookings