Reporter

Weekly Report 27/9/13

Post by Tony Zann » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Rain last 7 days: 8 mm
Water level: 66.6 %
Current discharge: 470ML per day.
Current inflow: 5150ML per day.
Water visibility: up to 2.5m in main basin
Forecast: Possible showers predicted for Saturday with 25 km winds in the afternoon. Temps 4°-18°. 23° for Monday
New Moon = Oct 5th Full Moon = Oct 19th Water Temperature: 14 - 17 deg
Murray cod: Closed season to December 1.
Yellowbelly: The fishing was starting to fire up after a couple of weeks of warm weather. The rain last week and the resulting inflow of dirty colder water managed to slow things down for a few days. I went for a fish up the Goodradigbee River on Monday but the water dropped to under 14° and the visibility decreased to under a metre the further I went up. There are also quite a few floaters. The report from Scrubby direction was more promising on Tuesday, despite the wind, John and his party managed 20 yellows bait fishing around the trees. Worms were the bait of choice with small yabbies hardly getting touched. Shrimp were also working well last week with the fish preferring them instead of yabbies. I also spoke to a trolling fisherman on Tuesday; he picked up 4 yellows around Scrubby also. I didn’t do any good on Monday during the day trolling and casting but things definitely picked up when we went back out at 5pm and fished into the night. Trolling Stuckeys and casting Mask Vibes, we managed 2 good fish and hooked another 2 that I lost before the boat. The visibility in the Main Basin has managed to stay quite good considering the inflows in the last week, as has the water with 17° still quite common. With the forecast warm weather over the next week or so we should see a pick up in the catch rates.
Redfin: Have not kicked off as yet. Won’t be long.
Trout: No reports.
Silver perch: No reports
Park News: The 39th Annual Burrinjuck Convention is fast approaching and will be held at the park on November 1-3. Phone 0405721118 or www.canberrafishos.com, entry forms also available at the BWSP office. We have no cabins left for that weekend so powered sites and camping will be the only option. BWSP Office 02 622 78114 for booking of powered sites. No need to book for camping.
Dean Brind
Manager, Burrinjuck Waters State Park