Weekly Report 30/10/2013

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Rain last 7 days: 1 mm
Water level current: 65.1 %
Water level: 23/10/13 64.09 %
Current discharge: 477 ML per day.
Current inflow: 867 ML per day.
Water visibility: up to 2.5m in main basin
Forecast Weather: Fine and mild for the week with temps up to 28 degrees on Saturday. Mild winds Saturday, up to 12 km reaching 27km/h on Sunday afternoon.
New Moon = Nov 3rd, Full Moon = Nov18th
Water Temperature: 18 - 20 deg
Murray Cod: (Closed Season) 3 months from 1st September.

Yellowbelly: I received an email after I sent out the report last week (posted on our Facebook page) from some Junee fishermen. They fished for 3 days, 2 boats and caught 170 yellowbelly in the Bidgee River arm above Scrubby’s. The biggest fish was 69cm. They did release 160 of the fish. All the fish were taken on bait including worms, shrimp, yabbies & prawns in 7-10m of water. Not a bad weekend. The boys also managed a few fish out of Macey’s Bay. I have also had other good reports from fisherman, not quite the same quantities as the Junee boys but reports of 10 to 20 fish over a weekend have been common. The WWAI club were also in over the weekend; they were trolling small purple StumpJumpers again in the Bidgee Arm and managed 7 yellows and quite a few of the other green fish. The Brown Musketeers also paid us a visit and had good success fishing with worms; their biggest fish was 63cm. The amount of big yellows this year has been fantastic. Not sure whether it is the catch and release rates that are having an impact but it has to certainly be helping. I fished last weekend at Windermere, known for massive fish, and there were 400 fish landed in the comp. The biggest was 58cm.

Redfin: Still only the odd fish being reported

Trout: No reports this week.

Silver Perch: No reports this week.

Carp: Plenty about, worms or corn from the bank with some berley or a bit of fun for the fly fishermen as they feed on the surface. The carp will be targeted this weekend and we usually remove over 500kg of fish from the Dam.

Park News: The 39th Annual Burrinjuck Convention is here and will be held at the park on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd of November. Phone 0405 721 118 or Website http://www.canberrafishos.com Entry forms also available at the BWSP office. We have no cabins left for that weekend so powered sites and camping will be the only option. BWSP Office 02 6227 8114 to book powered sites. No need to book for camping.

Camp fires still allowed on a week by week basis. Must be in a fire bucket or established fire pit or BBQ.

Dean Brind
Manager, Burrinjuck Waters State Park