Rain last 7 days: 2 mm
Water level current: 63.9 %
Water level: 27/11/13 64.9 %
Current discharge: 490 ML per day.
Current inflow: 120 ML per day.
Water visibility: up to 2.5 metres in main basin
Water Temperature: 22 - 24 deg
New Moon = Dec 3rd, Full Moon = Dec 17th
Forecast Weather: Mostly sunny with light winds for the weekend, temps between 7 & 32 deg chance of showers Thursday. Winds to 10 km on Sunday afternoon

Murray Cod
Open season began on Sunday. Dave from Currawarna landed the first big green fish for the season measuring in at 110cm. The cod was caught on a homemade lure trolled around Wade Island. There were some other reports of fish in the mid eighties being caught but most fish ranged in size from 50 to 70 cm. The catch methods varied as much as the locations, with cod taking all types of bait and lures. Effective offerings have included worms, yabbies, shrimp, Jackalls, spinnerbaits and a wide mix of hardbody lures.

Yellow Belly
Finally some joy over the weekend! The yellows were back on, as was the weather. The wind dropped off and the sun came out, and fish were caught from Wade Island to Scrubby. The bait fishermen did really well, with most catching more than their bag limit each day. Stacks of shrimp are being caught at the moment and they are proving to be a favourite. Worms also are working quite well. Trolling and casting is still a good option, particularly around the trees.

Redfin
1 good report from the Bidgee Arm: 60 fish caught on Jackalls with some of the fish up to 40 cm. I found 5 locations last summer where I was catching that sort of size and numbers, all below Scrubby. Those spots are now a fair bit deeper underwater. I found the spots by trolling till I caught redfin, I would then work over the area casting small metal blades, small plastics or Mask Vibes all fished along the bottom. A fish per cast was the norm once you found the school. What I did find was that the fish may not be there at 9am but may always be there at 5pm.

Trout
No reports this week.

Silver Perch
No reports this week.

Carp
Heaps being caught on worms and corn.

Park News
I have had confirmation this week that Santa will be dropping by the park on the evening of the 24th December. Due to WHS issues with a low flying sleigh, Santa will be traveling to visit the children in the park with a small gift in a John Deere Gator.

Dean Brind
Manager, Burrinjuck Waters State Park