Weekly Report 08/04/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Current discharge: 457 ML per day.
Water level current: 49.5 %
Current inflow: 8467 ML per day.
Water level: 02/03/14 46.1 %
Water visibility: up to 1 metres in main basin
Rain last 7 days = 37.5 mm
Forecast Weather: Wet from Wednesday until Sunday. Thursday to be the wettest with up to 20 mm. Sunday only showers. Temps between 14 & 20 degrees C for the weekend. Winds up to 10 km from the west.
Full Moon = April 15th, New Moon = April 29th
Water Temperature: 22- 24 deg

Murray Cod

Fishing has been very quiet again. As you can see the dam has risen 3.5% during the week. Unfortunately the wet weather last week and into the weekend has kept the fishermen at home. We usually have a quiet time at the park for a week or two before Easter and the rain hasn’t helped. Looks like more of the same for this week. No reports at all for this week. I did have a troll, for a couple of hours, around the Main Basin on Sunday afternoon with some big lures, not a touch.

Yellow Belly
The bait fishermen are still doing OK with shrimp and small yabbies on the trees along the Bidgee River. Paul managed 10 fish on Friday between 40 & 54cm. I had a quick look around the fish tables today and there were only smallish yellow belly in the bins but they are still being caught. I had about 4 hours out on Tuesday slow rolling the plastic grubs on the same trees as last week, there is less tree out of the water this week. Got a big zero. Had a few touches on the gulp and there were certainly plenty of fish moving past the sounder. The weather was nice though.

Redfin

Gone a bit quite after the rain. I wasn’t even able to catch one of these today. With my usual spot now under another metre or so of water. No other reports.

Trout
No reports

Park News

We finally managed to pour some concrete on Monday to complete the 3 additional fire rings and seating at Carrolls Creek & Wombats, ready for the school holidays. The rain has certainly played havoc. Hoping to pour some more concrete around the new Wombats camp kitchen and add some more seating. Won’t be this week looking at the weather.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park