Report 30/07/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Current discharge: 515 ML per day
Water level current: 72.7 %
Current inflow: 2203 ML per day.
Water level: 23/07/14 71.6 %
Water visibility: up to 1 metres in main basin
Rain last 7 days = mm
Forecast Weather: Showers are forecast for Thursday & Friday. Frost then sunny for the weekend. Temps between -1 & 11 deg.
Full Moon = August 11th, New Moon = August 26th
Water Temperature: 12 deg

Murray Cod:
Fishing has been slow over the last month or so. The last couple of weekends have seen the return of sunshine but there has been some winter mixed amongst it. I had a couple of reports last weekend of Cod taken while trolling spinner baits in only 3 metres of water. Most fishos have been trolling the edges with the big gear out the back. I have put in about 9 hrs. over the last 2 weeks and have not turned a real. I have been fishing only on the warmer sunny days, in the middle of the day. There have been no fish caught over the metre, during winter, which I have heard of. It was 12 months ago that Warren Boyd caught his 114cm Burrinjuck beauty. The water level back then was 46.1%.
September 1st will see the closed season for Murray Cod begin. We can expect the cod to start firing during August as the breeding season approaches .

Yellow Belly: Have again been quiet, There were some yellows being caught on the troll at the top end of the dam near Good Hope 2 weeks ago. Bait fishing with worms from the bank in the shallows has been working for a few of the shore based fisherman. A lot of the trees that were producing good numbers of fish have now vanished below the water. Cathedral rock is now also below the water. I have been able to locate fish holding off rocky points with my Lowrance structure scan, but convincing the docile fish to take a lure presentation is a bit more challenging this time of year. The water temperature needs to reach about 18 degrees before we see the yellows start to fire.

Redfin: There is the odd small fish being caught on worms in the shallows. No big ones and not in large numbers.

Trout:
No reports

Park News: We are busy preparing the park for the upcoming Medieval Festival on the 23rd of August. There are still a few cottages available and plenty of camping. Saturday is the main day to see the tournaments/ fighting. Also market stalls and rides on the day. $10.00 entry per person, Children under 10 are free. 02 62278114 for info or bookings

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park

Nicole Penfold
Admin

Re: Report 30/07/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:00 pm

***Please do not reply to this fishing report, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. if you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***