Report 24/09/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Current discharge: 1500 ML per day.
Water level current: 85.2 %
Current inflow: 1990 ML per day.
Water level: 16/09/14 84.8 %
Water visibility: up to 2 metres
Rain last 7 days = 6.5 mm
Forecast Weather: Wet midweek before becoming Sunny for the weekend. Temps between 6 & 24 deg with light breeze Saturday up to 10 km.
New Moon = September 24th, Full Moon = October 8th
Water Temperature: 16 -19.5 deg

Murray Cod: Closed Season.

Yellow Belly: The water levels have continued to rise this week however there were 2 days where more water went out then came in. There is up to 25 mm predicted over the region for Wednesday night. Water temps have also continued to climb with the warmer weather with the water temp reaching over 18 deg in the main basin on Tuesday. Bait fishing with worms or small yabbies from along the park foreshore is producing fish particularly late evening into dark. A couple of fish were also picked up casting lures while walking the bank. Bobbing yabbies on trees at Macey’s & Little Scrubby also resulted in a bag of fish for Jarrod from Junee up to 48 cm. Trolling lures continues to be tough going at the bottom end of the Dam. I managed 1 yellow casting a soft vibe in the main basin Tuesday. I trolled various lures for several hours without a touch but managed a couple of species casting to snags in the shallower water.

Redfin: Remain very quiet. 1 report from Jarrod taken while bobbing on trees with a yabbie. Also had reports of shrimp being caught in traps so won’t be long before they also fire up.

Carp: I visited a few of the spots where I found warmer water last week and found huge numbers of carp. They were clearly visible in the clearing water.

Trout: No reports.

Park News: There are still powered sites and plenty of camping for the upcoming long weekends. Fires will still be allowed until the weather heats up and the park begins to dry out. Lawlers function area has had 2 internal wood heaters added. Further concrete works and seating has now been completed to the new Wombats camp kitchen.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au

Nicole Penfold
Admin

Re: Report 24/09/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:08 pm

***Please do not reply to this fishing report with a question, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. If you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***