Report 13/2/15

Post by subeditor » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:23 am

Current discharge: 9000 ML per day.
Water level current: 43.6 %
Current inflow: 1560 ML per day.
Water level 04/02/2015: 49.7%
Water visibility: up to 1 metres
Rain past 7 days : 3.6 mm
Forecast Weather: 50 % chance of 5mm on Saturday . Temps between 16 & 23 for Saturday and 16 to 32 for Sunday, Light winds
Full Moon = February 4th New Moon = Feb 19 Water Temperature: 23 deg

Murray Cod: Most fishos were reporting very quiet fishing. A 90 cm fish was caught during the night on the 7th of January, most other fish being caught have been much smaller. Bait fisherman have managed to pick up a few of the smaller fish on large worms, shrimp & yabbies. Casting spinner baits has also accounted for some smaller fish. The water levels continue to drop quite noticeably each day and the winds have also been a real pain. Tuesday being the calmest and hottest day this week.
We have now recorded 22 fish over a metre since the 1st of December. The biggest being 135cm followed by 126 cm & 124 cm. The guys putting in the effort either side of the full moon are certainly being rewarded with a couple of them catching 2 or more big fish this season.

Yellow Belly: The bait fisherman are having the best run. A lot of smaller fish are being caught with shrimp & worms while bobbing bait around submerged trees. The fish are holding in the top 6 metres or so above what appears to be dirty water. The yellows appear to be getting caught in most areas of the dam although you will still need to tie up to the right tree. I was out fishing with some bait fishermen this week and watched as they pulled in fish after fish using large fat worms. I persisted with varied types of plastics, Jackals, blades and vibes and came home with 1 small redfin. Trolling around these trees is well worth ago with the lures easily able to reach the depths the fish are holding at.

Redfin: The large schools of redfin have either moved on or dispersed around the dam. I tried several of my usual haunts this week with no success. They will still be about but again finding the schools is the trick.

Carp: Plenty being caught on worms, corn & bread.

Park News: Cottage 20 painting is well under way with cottage 80 starting next week. I will post some photos on our Facebook page as they are completed. New kitchens have also been ordered for cottage 20 & 22.

Dean Brind, Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au
Attachments
BurrinjuckCod5215.JPG
Tim from Wagga Wagga battled this 124cm beauty to the boat. The fish was taken well after dark on the troll.

subeditor
Admin

Re: Report 13/2/15

Post by subeditor » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:23 am

***Please do not reply to this fishing report, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. If you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***