Post by subeditor » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:35 pm

Fishing & Lake Report 15/04/2015
Current discharge: 440 ML per day.
Water level 14/04/15: 36.9 %
Current inflow: 2940 ML per day.
Water level 25/03/15: 32 %
Water visibility: up to 1 metres
Rain past 14 days : 51 mm

Forecast Weather: Possible showers predicted for the rest of the week through to Sunday. Temps between 9 & 22 with light winds up to 15 kmh.
New Moon = April 19th Full Moon = May 4th Water Temperature: 20 deg

Murray Cod: Legal size fish are still taking trolled lures. Expect 1 or 2 a day. No big ones reported of late. Surprisingly there were not a lot of fishermen in over Easter. There were a lot of families camping and generally relaxing. The skiers even mostly stayed away. The weather forecast was not good however we had no rain until Easter Monday.

Yellow Belly: Plenty of fish at the cleaning tables this week. I was out on Sunday afternoon with rain approaching over the hills. I did no good but I spoke to some guys at the cleaning tables who had a mad 10 minutes of fishing as the showers approached. They were fishing in around 25 foot of water (7.5 Metres) I asked what they were catching them on. The reply was “whatever you had in the water at the time, the yellows just hit everything”. The Yellows have been holding deep on the trees over the last 6 weeks, making it tough going for lure fisherman and those that like to troll. However the water has been slowly cooling as we roll into autumn. Combine cooling water with rising water levels and the yellows should start to move up into shallower water over the newly flooded ground. Up to 100 mm of rain is predicted over the region in the next 8 days (Edge Bite) Casting lures along the edges should be the go over the next few weeks, look for inflowing water and submerged grass banks.

Redfin: Finally a decent report the redies have been hiding over the last month or so but we had 3 fishermen over the weekend who found a school sitting at the base of a tree, at Scrubby on the bottom, at around 10 metres. They finished with around 80 fish between them. All the fish were caught on bait, mostly worms.

Carp: The Park played host to the Hungarian fishing comp over the weekend. There have been plenty of carp caught over the last few weeks with plenty of big fish amongst it. Plenty being caught on worms, corn & bread. Or even fly. The Hungarians cook and eat the fish they particularly like the fish soup made using the heads tails & spine. They tell me it is yum but I just can’t do it.

Park News: New kitchens to Cottages 8, 20 & 22 will be installed at the end of the month. Check out cottage 21 with its new large covered deck.

Dean Brind, Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au

subeditor
Admin

Re: Report 16/4/15

Post by subeditor » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:35 pm

***Please do not reply to this fishing report, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. If you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***