Post by subeditor » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:58 pm

Fishing & Lake Report 22/04/2015
Current discharge: 385 ML per day.
Water level 22/04/15: 38 %
Current inflow: 1400 ML per day.
Water level 14/03/15: 36.9 %
Water visibility: up to 1 metres
Rain past 7 days : 32 mm

Forecast Weather: Rain predicted for Friday and possible showers predicted for the weekend through to Sunday. Temps between 7 & 18 degrees C with winds up to 19 kmh

New Moon = April 19th Full Moon = May 4th Water Temperature: 20 deg

Murray Cod: The reports during the last week have been limited due to the rain & wind with only the very determined willing to venture out. The few reports I did get were encouraging. Two Canberra fisherman managed an 82cm & 70cm fish while trolling towards the Dam wall. They used 2.5 ounce spinnerbaits and caught both fish in excess of 15metres of water. A fisherman from Albury also landed a 91 cm & 49 cm Cod while trolling a large 120 mm hard body lure, again in the Burrinjuck main basin.

Yellow Belly: Reports have been limited this week and I have not managed, or wanted to, get out myself this week. I did speak to a couple of happy fisherman at the cleaning table on Thursday. They had some big yellows. They said it took them 2 days to find the fish but they found them in the Goodradigbee River. They caught the fish on shrimp & yabbies in 10metres of water, on the bottom. The rising water has opened up the river once again with much of the timber now below the water.

Redfin: No reports at all this week

Carp: Taking worms and corn. Many carp fisherman are shore based along the park foreshore. Bit of fun for the kids as well.

Park News: The fire ban was lifted for Easter but thankfully we have had some rain and the park is greening up nicely once again. Infrastructure upgrades will be commencing over the coming months to water power and sewer.

Dean Brind, Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au

subeditor
Admin

Re: Report 23/4/15

Post by subeditor » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:59 pm

***Please do not reply to this fishing report, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. If you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***