Post by subeditor » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Fishing & Lake Report 29/04/2015
Current discharge: 485 ML per day.
Water level 28/04/15: 39 %
Current inflow: 3090 ML per day.
Water level 22/04/15: 38 %
Water visibility: up to 1 metres
Rain past 7 days : 2 mm

Forecast Weather: slight chance of showers for the weekend. Less than 1 mm each day, predicted Temps between 10 & 22 degrees C with winds up to 14 kmh

Full Moon = May 4th New Moon = May 18th Water Temperature: 18 deg

Murray Cod: Sorry guys but very quiet during the past week. The odd small fish taken on the troll but they were certainly not jumping in the boat.

Yellow Belly: Some good reports. Bait fisherman were fairing the best using shrimp or Yabbies. Some good reports have been coming from the Goodradigbee River above Wade Island. Evening bite has been the best. Access to the river is now a bit easier with the rising water submerging many of the trees down the centre of the river. I also spoke to quite a few fisherman that had caught fish on the troll over the weekend on small hard bodies. Mc Phersons creek has also been fishing well over the past month. Scrubby area had been fishing well in the deep but there were no good reports this week. The water continues to cool and rise so I will be targeting the edges with some cast crank baits and mask vibes.

Redfin: There were a few fish in the bins at the cleaning tables over the weekend. Shore fishing along the edge at Carroll’s Creek is a good bet with worms.

Carp: Taking worms and corn. Many carp fisherman are shore based along the park foreshore. Bit of fun for the kids as well.

Park News: The new kitchens are being installed for cottages 8, 20 & 22. I will post some pictures on our facebook page when they are complete. We had to recover a completely sunken Holden Colorado on the main boat ramp this morning. The vehicle went in the water last night.
Dean Brind, Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au