Report 2/12/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:50 am

Current discharge: 1090 ML per day.
Water level 02/12/15: 67.7%
Current inflow: 1090 ML per day.
Water level 25/11/15: 68.2%
Water visibility: up to 3 metres
Rain past 7 days: 0.1 mm
Forecast Weather: Friday30 deg C, Saturday 32 deg C, Sunday 33 deg C. And a high pressure system with light winds. 35 deg C and rain predicted for Monday & Tuesday. No rain is predicted for this weekend.
New Moon = December 11th Full Moon = December 25th Water Temperature: 23-25 deg

Murray Cod: Not the best start to the Murray Cod season with strong hot winds and a total fire ban declared for the region on the 1st. Today will see a top temp of only 23 deg C and searching once again for my jumper. I have left the cod off my reports for the past 3 months for good reason. The main catches during that time have been Murray Cod. Many smaller fish were smashing the trolled and cast lures during September, October. The last couple of weeks has seen many 80cm + fish appearing on the office catch sheet. A 93 cm fish was caught a day early while bobbing a yabbie for yellows. I was hoping to have the first 1 metre plus fish for today’s report but I think yesterday’s weather may have beaten most fishermen. Craig from Wagga managed 3 cod near Skillen’s flats while casting both Jackals and spinner baits along the rock wall. The biggest around 70cm. We have missed the full moon for the start of this season but it will come around again on Christmas day. If you are heading this way for a fish, bring the big gear and the heavy line and look to go deeper during the day or work the shaded rock walls. Big spinner baits rigged with stingers and a large plastic or lures such as your 120 mm or 150 mm AC Invaders. Black and Purple will work well.

Yellow Belly: Remain quiet however the reports coming in suggest the fish have moved to deeper water. Look for bigger trees in water up to 80 feet deep. Bait fishing with shrimp, yabbies or worms. Drop down deep on the trees and wind back up till you find the fish, they may be down at around 10 metres. Fishing with plastics such as gulp grubs, slow rolled through the timber is also worth a try.

Redfin: Not so many reports this week, however most of the guys will be chasing the bigger fish with the bigger gear.

Carp: As per usual, come and help yourself. Great fun for the kids. There seems to be a lot of big fish about this year. Worms, bread, corn and burley.

Park News: Please bring drinking water this weekend. The new water treatment plant is being brought on line from the 7th which requires emptying of tanks and re running of pipes. Water will be chlorinated but not filtered during this time. No more fires, includes heat beads.

Check out our website where you can book camping and cabins online: http://www.inlandwaters.com.au

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au
BurrinjuckWeb.jpg
Tim Matheson with his 1.35m cod caught early last season.