Report 14/1/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:55 am

Current discharge: 4750 ML per day.
Water level 13/01/16: 55%
Current inflow: 1400 ML per day.
Water level 23/12/15: 60.5%
Water visibility: up to 3m
Rain past 7 days: 8mm
Forecast Weather: hot & windy until storms arrive on Thursday afternoon. Mostly sunny, light winds with a top temp of 27 for the weekend.
Full Moon = January 24th New Moon = February 9th Water Temperature: 23-25 deg

Murray Cod: We have 40,000 cod fingerlings arriving today (Wednesday) from the Narrandera Hatchery. A total of 4 cod over 1m in length were caught on the weekend before Christmas. We have had a further 2 since then. A 103cm fish was caught well up the Goodradigbee River above the Bridge. A 123cm fish was also caught on the 9th January. No photo as yet. Reports have been mixed with the cod remaining tough to catch during the day. This is usually the case with the increased boat traffic during the busy periods. Trolling big lures at night remains the best bet. We have also had a few guys chasing fish with big surface poppers, they have had some success with smaller fish. No big ones as yet.

Yellow Belly: The yellows have mostly remained deep on trees on the lower end of the dam. I had some guys through this week that picked up a few fish casting jackals to the edges. Good numbers have been caught from the junction up to Tait Straight on the troll as well as the usual bait fishing on trees.

Redfin: Are well and truly on the bite. My son and I picked up over 70 fish in a couple of hrs. There are reports from all over the dam. If your trolling and pick up a few Redfin. Drop back and drop in a line or have a cast. I mainly use small pre-rigged plastics that resemble small fingerlings. These are single hooked so you tend to miss a lot of the smaller fish that are giving it a tap. We managed quite a few over 30cm which are good eating size. I found the schools in around 20ft of water on the bottom. There are plenty around in the main basin.

Carp: Back to normal bait fishing methods, the odd fish is still taking a trolled lure, yellows and pink are generally a carp catching colour.

Park News: Kerri O’keefe & Adam & Ash will again be performing from 6pm on Saturday the 23rd of January at the Lawlers camp kitchen area adjacent the main boat ramp. Free show, bring own chair, esky and whatever. Adam is one of the best Guitarists I have heard.
We also had a release of 10000 Rainbow trout this week, thanks to the locals and visitors that provide boats to spread out the fish around the dam. Same again today for the cod release.

Dean Brind, Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au
www.inlandwaters.com.au