Post by subeditor » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:21 pm

Fishing & Lake Report 20/01/2016
Current discharge: 4000 ML per day.
Water level 20/01/16: 52.9%
Current inflow: 7000 ML per day.
Water level 13/01/16: 55%
Water visibility: up to 3m
Rain past 7 days: 4.8 mm

Forecast Weather: hot on Thursday. Good chance of rain Friday and showers predicted for the following few days. Top temp of 31°C for the weekend. Light winds.

Full Moon = January 24th New Moon = February 9th Water Temperature: 23-25°C

Murray Cod: Generally quieter this week. The weather has been all over the place with a heat wave followed by a southerly change. No real big fish this week reported. An 85cm fish caught at Carrolls Creek on a spinnerbait was the biggest on the catch sheet. The full moon is this Sunday night so I am expecting a bit of night trolling activity this weekend. I was out on Monday night until 10pm but didn’t manage to turn a reel after dark, Rodney (in my boat) managed a 62cm fish on a cast spinnerbait just before dark. The Cod was in less than 20ft of water. There is a bit of fresh coming in also from the rain in the mountains a few days ago so this might create some activity.

Yellow Belly: We picked up 3 fish on Monday while casting lures, Mask vibes, tranzams and spinnerbaits and also dropped a couple of others as well as getting smashed and broken off (cod perhaps) all our fish came from 20ft or less. There is either a dirty or cold water layer at around the 25ft mark. We tried some gulp grubs on the trees in the deep but did no good there. We didn’t venture past Scrubby and I haven’t heard too much from further up the dam this week. Our fish came from around the rocks and off a sandy point. None off the timber.

Redfin: There are schools of fish everywhere at the moment, I found numerous schools while looking for yellows both in the main basin, Goodradigbee River and at Scrubby. Again all the fish I am seeing or catching are in 20 to 25 feet of water. The bigger lures that make noise such as jackals don’t seem to work as well. I have had better success with mask vibes or smaller soft plastic minnows. Worms all so work well.

Carp: By all reports the carp have gone a bit quiet after their feeding frenzy in early December.
I am pretty sure there still in there.

Park News: Kerri O’keefe & Adam & Ash will again be performing from 6pm on Saturday the 23rd of January at the Lawlers camp kitchen area adjacent the main boat ramp. Free show, bring own chair, esky and whatever.
No dogs this weekend please.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au
www.inlandwaters.com.au