Admin

Report 29/7/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:15 pm

Current discharge: 500 ML per day.
Water level 28/07/16: 79.4 %
Current inflow: 22000 ML per day.
Water level 20/07/16: 66.6 %
Water visibility: poor 30cm
Forecast Weather: Showers are forecast right through the weekend before ramping up to rain again mid next week. Temps to range between 6 & 13 deg C on Saturday & Sunday. Winds will range up to 16km per hour.
Rainfall this month = 150.8 mm
Full Moon = July 20th New Moon = August 3rd Water Temperature: 12-13 deg C

A general report this week. The weather has played havoc with any fishing. Burrinjuck has been lashed by strong winds and rain. I have spotted 2 boats venturing out that maybe shouldn’t have. Bait fishing from the park foreshore, between the rain showers, has been about the only option. The water level has risen 12.8% in the past 8 days. Carp & Yellow Belly have been biting along the dam edge on worms for those that have braved the conditions.

The park was hit by major winds and rain on Friday night resulting in damage to 2 annual site vans and 1 cloths line. We also had around 30 trees blown over or damaged around the park and quite a few trees went over on Burrinjuck Road and in the surrounding paddocks. I have added a few pictures. There was no other damage to any cottages or buildings just a huge clean up job.

It’s worth a drive down to the park to see the many waterfalls and creeks along Burrinjuck Road that have been flowing for several weeks. I will post a few pictures
There are still spots available in the upcoming Greg Whitehead Fishing Challenge on the 19th-21 August. I have nomination forms at the Burrinjuck office or I can email one out.

Dean Brind
Manager IWHP Burrinjuck Waters
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au
http://www.inlandwaters.com.au