Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 29/11/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:25 am

Current discharge: 2200 ML per day.
Water level 29/11/16: 97.1 %
Current inflow: 1100 ML per day.
Water level 08/11/16: 96.4 %
Water visibility: 100 cm Forecast Weather: fine for the remainder of the week until a possible shower on Sunday afternoon. Weekend temps to range between 12 & 33 degrees C. the other great news is no wind.
Rainfall this month = 43.4 mm
New Moon = November 29th Full Moon = 14th December Water Temperature: 20 -22 C

Murray Cod: Are back, from midnight on Wednesday, that is. Needless to say the Cod have been fairly constant on the catch sheets over the past 3 months. With some guys obviously still doing the wrong thing during the closed season. I even had a second hand report of cod being filleted at the cleaning station last weekend. Anyway it is time to bring out the big gear, the weather is looking perfect. The moon is not quite right for the night fishos, however the bite is better during the day on the new moon. Don’t forget you have a chance to get your mug shot, with your big fish, in our advert in fishing monthly magazine. Hope to have a cod pic for next week’s report.

Yellow Belly: I had several really promising reports over the past week. A few of the fish being caught are over the 50cm mark. The lure fisherman are finally getting a crack at the fish with most of the reports coming from the lure guys. Slow rolled jackals in less than 3 metres of water in the lower Bidgee Arm worked for Steve. Most chose to troll lures such as the purple Stucky and small Oar-gee smacks & Shads. Fish were being caught around the main basin in McPhersons Creek, Carrolls Creek and up at the tea tree banks as well as the usual Big Scrubby. Not much from the Goodradigbee River arm although there is no algae up that river.

Redfin: Starting to hear of some descent numbers however not a lot of size as yet. The reddies are jumping all over the yellow belly gear so you should be able to catch a feed. Bait fishing also worth a go. The shrimp are still a bit scarce from what I am hearing.

Park News: A Blue Green Algae Warning was issued on Friday for Burrinjuck Dam. There have been no follow up postings as yet. I posted a report on the algae on our Facebook page last Saturday.

We have the official opening of the water treatment plant and the official launch of the NV Getaway this Friday morning. Pru Goward will be doing the honours and there will be a few other well know faces in attendance as well as media. This weekend Burrinjuck Waters is also hosting the Grand final of The Australian Yellow Belly Titles.
Oh and its Cod opening weekend.

Dean Brind
Manager IWHP Burrinjuck Waters

Dean Brind
Manager IWHP Burrinjuck Waters
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au
http://www.inlandwaters.com.au