Admin

Report 5/12/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Current discharge: 4250 ML per day.
Water level 05/12/16: 95.9 %
Current inflow: 1200 ML per day.
Water level 29/11/16: 97.1 %
Water visibility: 100 cm

Forecast Weather: Some rain predicted before the weekend with temps reaching 30 Degrees C. The weekend is looking fine with light winds and a top temp of 29 degrees C.
New Moon = November 29th Full Moon = 14th December Water Temperature: 22 -24 C
Murray Cod: The cod season kicked off with a beautiful 132cm fish caught at 1.30 am December 1st by Brendan. Mick Wenning, from West Wyalong, followed up over the weekend with a 95 & 90 cm fish and a couple of smaller cod. Dillon Wild from Coota landed a 95cm fish. Peter Brown from Howlong picked up 7 smaller cod during the weekend, Rob Hill from Brocklesby, 8 cod with 91 cm being the biggest, Ron Frohling from Culcairn an 80 & David Moore from Culcairn an 81 cm. None of these have so far sent me the photos, as yet. I took my boy Henry Brind out for a fish today and he finally cracked the 1 metre mark, with Dads gear of course, with a 105 cm Murray Cod and followed up shortly after with an 83 cm fish. Both fish were taken on big trolled spinner baits. We also picked up 2 smaller fish on the cast. The big fish were landed between 12pm & 2 pm in less than 7 metres of water. I think we can say the Cod are on at Burrinjuck.
Yellow Belly: The Park played host to the AYC Grand final over the weekend. 26 teams took part competing for the $6000 prize money on offer. The top 3 teams landed around 150 fish between them. And only 4 of the teams measured in a full bag in each of the 3 sessions. The winning teams all used soft plastics but not all were on trees with Teams “Jig Heads” & “Gottcha” both cleaning up around Cave Island fishing on the bottom with their gulp plastics. The fish were biting, finding them was the problem for most of the teams over the weekend. The AYC comp kicks off again next February at Wyangala with a changed split format. Look up the web site for dates next year.
Redfin: Had a few reports of a lot of little fish being caught. I had a bit of a look this morning but all my normal spots to chase the redfin are a lot deeper down than they would normally be this time of year. There were a few caught at Carrolls creek and around the slaughter yards is also worth a look.
Park News: A Blue Green Algae Warning was issued on Friday the 25th November for Burrinjuck Dam. There have been no follow up postings as yet, looking at the water today I would say it is definitely on the improve in the main basin area.
The NV Getaway kicks off this Saturday afternoon with its first 2 hour tour. Contact the office on ph 62278114 if you would like to be one of the first 12 people to take the tour. The Juck Shop will be providing catering with BYO refreshments, also available from the Juck Shop.

Dean Brind
Manager IWHP Burrinjuck Waters
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au
http://www.inlandwaters.com.au