Admin

Report 8/2/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:38 pm

Current discharge: 2860 ML per day.
Water level 08/02/17: 77 %
Current inflow: 600 ML per day.
Water level 25/01/17: 83.9 %
Water visibility: 2 metres
Forecast Weather: Bring the Sunscreen, Friday 41, Saturday 42, cool change Sunday 36 Degrees C. Wind to peak at 25 km on Sunday afternoon. No rain.
Full Moon = 11th Feb New Moon = 27th Feb Water Temperature: 27 deg C
Murray Cod: Continue to be a staple catch at Burrinjuck, Paul & Therasa from Cootamundra caught 10 small cod during their visit between 45 & 60 cm all at the lower end of the dam. Rob Harris 5 cod between 55 & 70 cm all in the main basin on lures. Brad Harris has written on my catch sheet 3 cod at 58, 61 & 69 cm and a further 11 cod between 40 & 55 cm. Mathew Scarlett must have used bigger lures recording 2 fish at 83 & 86 cm and Matts mate landed a 95 cm in the lower end of the Bidgee River arm. Paul Will, 6 cod biggest 86 cm all on spinnerbaits. The 1.5metre fish caught by Chris Cleaver was sort of confirmed as being from Burrinjuck with a statement on our Facebook page. Definitely not from Copeton Dam and the cats out of the Bag. I am expecting the pictures will turn up in a fishing magazine in the not too distant future.

Yellow Belly: Have been biting ok at the top end of Burrinjuck but have remained relatively quiet down the lower end of the Dam. With the dropping water level and the appearance of some structure above the water the catch rates have started to pick up. We had some good fish landed in Macey’s Bay on yabbies with a couple of the fish up around 50cmyou will need to move around the trees with only one or two fish per tree. Paul managed 6 yellows while trolling Stucky lures towards the Dam wall & I managed to get amongst the fish this week while casting a mask vibe managing 7 fish on Monday morning and another 5 on Tuesday. Most of the fish were under 40 cm and came from around fallen timber on the dam edge.

Redfin: Are prolific this year and seem to be everywhere. Bait fishing, lure casting or trolling will catch you a redfin or 10. Most of the fish are under 200 mm. I have managed a few bigger fish around 30cm. Where are the big breeders? They must be in there somewhere.

Park News: The Blue Green Algae alert was lifter for Burrinjuck back on the 3rd of January.
Caution Cathedral Rock had only a metre of water over the highest point on Monday so I would expect it to be close to the surface by the weekend. The rock is about 20 to 30 metres on the Western (dam Wall Side) of the buoy.

Dean Brind
Manager IWHP Burrinjuck Waters
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au
http://www.inlandwaters.com.au