84 Shipper Dr, Coomera Qld 4209
ph: 07 5502 6200
brett@coomerahouseboats.com.au
www.coomerahouseboats.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 5 Mar 13

Post by Brad » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:08 pm

G'day every one, rain or shine fishing is always fine. Well this weather hasn't really given much motivation, but some keen anglers have still headed out. Reports on the prawn front are that they are very patchy & not even really enough for a feed. Lets hope the rain clears, so they can start schooling up through the channels. Shouldn't be too much longer I will start looking towards the end of the week around Lamb island, salt works, Karragarra, Russell island & I will let u know. Crabs have been caught in large numbers & the rain never affects a few pots being put out. They have been from the mouth of Pimpama, near Wallys Gutter, through to Cabbage Tree Point, just keep them in about 3to 5m deep.

Whiting are still about, any of the sand banks near the pin on the top of the tide, look for the cleanest water possible fish 2 to 3hour of the run out tide. A little trick for bait is with prawns cut in thin strips then pink food dye, also try squid cut into very thin strips then pink food dye i always cut my bait then dye it the night before i go fishing you can thank me later. A few boys have been catching snapper real early morning in the bay using lures & unweighted pillies. Harry Atkinson is the standout, fish 20 feet deep at night by early morning drop back 60 feet. Peel island not far behind the north eastern side in about 24 feet deep all have caught fish 45 to 60 cm. Potts point and southern bay island are fishing a lot smaller fish 30 to 40 cm.

I have also heard of a few reports of King fish, and Trevally near Dunich & the pylons & some schools of tailor from Dunich to Amity a lot of small fish in the 25 to 30 cm but you should be able to catch a feed though. Tuna have also been spotted near Rous channel. Mangrove Jack and Jewies would be a likely bet for the pin in the last hour of the run in, the first hour or two of the run out try drifting. Be aware of your environment when on the water as there is still a lot of debris coming out of the rivers & creeks, drive to suit the conditions. I hope u can get out over the week & catch some fish, from the crew at VP bait & Tackle, Frandon, Jo & Justin.
Frandon Heseltine