84 Shipper Dr, Coomera Qld 4209
ph: 07 5502 6200
brett@coomerahouseboats.com.au
www.coomerahouseboats.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 15 Jan 14

Post by Brad » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:23 am

G'day every one, rain or shine fishing is always fine. Happy New Year. The rivers are alive with bait fish and there are a few banana prawns about 3 inch long starting to show up as well. Mangrove jacks are on the bite with the mouth of the logan river, also holding fish at marks rocks, prawn farm, pumping station, sunken pontoon. There has also been a few at little rocky point, tabby tabby, Blakeleys, slipping sands & just before duck creek, they are loving Zerek live shrimps 3 inch or live mullet 3 to 4 inch. Jewfish are on the move too with fish to 1m is the average for the last few weeks with some nudging 1.25m, 20 to 25 kg, the pin is the pick of spots but short island, salt works, giant grave & marks rocks have all caught good fish, just not as many.

Whiting are at their biggest for the season with two measured and weighed, 42cm and 44 cm, 660 and 680grams from the mouth of logan river, ageston sands, short island to the Pin, Wallys gutter to the bedrooms. Live blood worms are getting the biggest fish. Flathead are about in the same area also, drifting float a pilly out the back or a live herring or banana prawn which are there favourite. Snapper have been quiet this last few weeks with reports of a lot under size with one or two keepers for the day, but a few blue spot emperor( grass sweetlip) and Venus tuskfish (parrot) have replaced the snapper all coming from the same area; Harry, green, mud, peel, goat & right down to slipping sands.

Spotty mackerel have started their annual run down along Moreton inside with good reports from the 4 beacons to the sandhills across to mud Is, one area the fish are
about 75 cm+ the other from Harry's to south passage along amity with fish about 55 cm+. Spinner like Lazier pro, Crome slugs or trolling spoons, hard body's all work.
Tailor have been hot with fish in there 40+ at the Pin right down to the bedrooms and through to Canaipa passage. Some of the schools were bigger than a foot ball
field and busting the surface for the whole afternoon. Muddies are on the menu with good crabs from the logan to Redland bay, down to Cabbage Tree boat ramp, Canaipa passage to the Pin. The sand crabs are in the same area, the muddies love eating them so if you are sand crabbing check your pots more frequently. I hope u can get out over the week, from the crew at Victoria Point Bait & Tackle, Like our page on FB. Frandon Heseltine.

Abstar09

Re: Brisbane river land based fishing

Post by Abstar09 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi brad
My names Abby
I'm enquiring about any info you could give me for good land based fishing spots and whats biting at the moment in the Brisbane river and or wynnum, Victoria point areas. I'm not too familiar with Victoria point areas but if u could possibly point me in the right direction I'm sure I can find my way around. Ur help would be greatly appreciated as I've got a fair bit of spare time up my sleeve at the moment and I love to wet a line any opportunity I get. I look forward to ur reply.
Kind Regards
Abby

Brad
Reporter

Re: Brisbane river land based fishing

Post by Brad » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:52 am

Hi Abby, I apologise for the time it has taken and I guess your trip is over. I have enjoyed a long fishing holiday and just catching up on emails. If you would still like to be contacted please post your email and I will have you contacted. Brad
Abstar09 wrote:Hi brad
My names Abby
I'm enquiring about any info you could give me for good land based fishing spots and whats biting at the moment in the Brisbane river and or wynnum, Victoria point areas. I'm not too familiar with Victoria point areas but if u could possibly point me in the right direction I'm sure I can find my way around. Ur help would be greatly appreciated as I've got a fair bit of spare time up my sleeve at the moment and I love to wet a line any opportunity I get. I look forward to ur reply.
Kind Regards
Abby