84 Shipper Dr, Coomera Qld 4209
ph: 07 5502 6200
brett@coomerahouseboats.com.au
www.coomerahouseboats.com.au
subeditor
Admin

Report 12/6/15

Post by subeditor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:04 pm

G'day everyone rain or shine fishing is always fine. There are still reports of prawns around the bay coming from Jacksons, Greens, Giants grave and the Logan River, only boilers but make good bait too. A lot of flatty have been coming from the same area were the prawns have been hanging. There are a good run of summer Whiting and winter Whiting coming in, the Summer Whiting are more near the mouth of the river to the Pin, along Wally's Gutter to the Bedrooms, and from the Mouth of the river to Potts Point, winter Whiting are more from Potts Point along Blakelys, banana banks, Peel, iron banks, chain banks, Amity banks, Rous channel, any sand bank between Potts and the sand hill should get a good feed if not sure look for the boats that are anchored on each other in those areas is a good place to start. Just drift past and gps the mark when you hook up as a point to start your drift again, blood worms, yabby, small prawns and squid cut up in thin slices than dyed pink, all have been doing the job.
Squid have been coming in this year with a lot over 1kg on the whiting banks and in the deep from the sand hills to all the Bay Islands to the millionaire row at the Jumpin Pin. I find on bright day bright colours, dark day more natural colours, but always have two rods ready one with your best bright colour and one with best dark.
Jewfish (my favourite) have been showing up thick & fast. Live baits, dead baits or soft plastics are all working well. Day or night both do just as good as each other try to fish 3hours before tide change till 3 hours after tide change high tide or low tide. The stretch from Amity down to Bird, Goat, Peel Island artificial, Harry's artificial & Coochie artificial reef, Potts Point the green beacon on the western side, saltworks, Giants grave, marks rocks, the rock hole in Cobby, Short, Kalinga bank & in front of swan bay at the Pin. Most are just under a metre but a few were in the 15 to 20kg club. There is a lot of Trevally schooled up in the Pin at the start of the sticks up to 4kg and loving my plastics. I have them on GoPro so you can see were I am hooking up but if you are using live bait the Sharks are at their best with some over 2m and if you do get a bite from a nice fish get it in fast as the fight will bring multiple sharks to your fish and eat him. Tailor are coming in on the run in tide feeding along the sand bank that runs from the top of Kalinga bank to the top of Short island. Fish average is in the 35 cm range also at Wallys gutter, bed rooms, Canipa passage, logan river, power line, garden island, sniper island, Coochie & Goat most are being caught on pilchards but a fair few are coming from slug or chromes trolled or throw into the schools with a few Trevally hanging around as well.
Parrot, Sweetlip, Snapper, Squire & Mackerel are coming from Harrys, Peel, Goat with mainly squire and bream around the Bay Islands from Coochie to the Pin as it get colder the fish size should get a bit bigger a good burley trail always work well.
When fishing for snapper I use more hardy bait like gar, pike, whiting, cuttlefish or even just head and frame and put the fillet on a floating rig, it stops the picker from stealing the bait and adds to the commotion. Mudcrabs have all but gone in to hibernation with only a few coming from the deep water closer to the bar and sandy have been hanging around Peel and Goat. There has been a good run of Spanish Mackeral out at Point Lookout and outside the Pin Bar and on the bait grounds there should be a few Cobia coming through as well as some big jew. There was big yellow tail king fish being caught off boat rock and the clusters throwing into the rocks wash with very light sinkers using pillies or livies for bait.
I hope u can get out on the water, from the crew at Victoria Point Bait & Tackle, Like our page on FB https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaPointB ... =bookmarks
Frandon Heseltine.

Frandon Heseltine
0415 121 377
Victoria Point Bait & Tackle
12 Colburn Ave
Victoria Point Q 4165
07 3820 9581

subeditor
Admin

Re: Report 12/6/15

Post by subeditor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:04 pm

***Please do not reply to this fishing report, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. if you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***