Fish Outta Water Tackle World
263 Condamine St, Manly Vale NSW
Ph: (02) 9949 9488
www.fishing.net.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 20/8/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:20 pm

It doesn’t matter where you fish in the Winter it always seems a bit harder to catch fish but this season has been above average for most species and this week has been no different.

Some good plate sized snapper have been on the chew at Long Reef, Kyle Marks fished out of his tinny in 40 meters landing 6 fish to 46cm jigging 50gram jigs just off the bottom, Kyle also hooked 3 kingfish and landed 2 using the same method with the biggest fish being 69cm.

Sydney’s 12 mile reef has been a boat park all week with more kingfish keeping anglers busy, at one stage a customer informed me there were 16 boats out there midweek and most were hooking fish using metal jigs and live baits.

Sydney Harbour has been alive all winter and with a free Sunday up my sleeve I headed out chasing Soapy Jewfish, using soft plastic vibe lures I managed a fish of 73cm from the kayak which was released after a few photos.

The beaches are holding whiting and bream which are falling to king worm baits cast just beyond the breakers, Manly, Dee Why and Collaroy are popular locations to fish with the mid afternoon session being preferred.

Some warmer conditions look to be blessing us this weekend so head out for a fish, as the waters warm up all varieties of species will become more active giving all anglers a little more action during their trips.

Fish Outta Water Tackle World
263 Condamine St, Manly Vale NSW
Ph: (02) 9949 9488
www.fishing.net.au