Lakes Entrance, Vic 3909
Ph: 1800 637 060
www.eastgippsland.vic.gov.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 23/9/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:28 am

PORT WELSHPOOL (CORNER INLET)
SNAPPER SNAPPER SNAPPER!!! and Squid!. Confirmed snapper catches inside Port Welshpool this week. See below. Squid galore, heaps of squid got caught this week and we are seeing those big ones now not just the smaller 20cm hood ones. There have been calamari with hoods of 43cm caught this week (MASSIVE), that's Westernport style calamari right there! Offshore has been insane once again, i cant believe the run of windless days offshore for the weekends, perfect timing for the weekend fisherman, not so good for my tuesdays lol. Anyways.... Heaps of flathead like last week. Plenty upto 50cm. Alot more anglers targeted the reefs for pinkies as well. Modest numbers of 30cm plus pinkies and morwong. Tonnes of gurnard as well, and plenty of barracuda still aswell.

PORT WELSHPOOL (CORNER INLET)
SNAPPER SNAPPER SNAPPER!!! and Squid!. Confirmed snapper catches inside Port Welshpool this week. See below. Squid galore, heaps of squid got caught this week and we are seeing those big ones now not just the smaller 20cm hood ones. There have been calamari with hoods of 43cm caught this week (MASSIVE), that's Westernport style calamari right there! Offshore has been insane once again, i cant believe the run of windless days offshore for the weekends, perfect timing for the weekend fisherman, not so good for my Tuesdays lol. Anyways.... Heaps of flathead like last week. Plenty up to 50cm. Alot more anglers targeted the reefs for pinkies as well. Modest numbers of 30cm plus pinkies and morwong. Tonnes of gurnard as well, and plenty of barracuda still as well.
GipAngusSquid.jpg
Angus Hourigan caught 7 calamari on Sunday 13 September at Port Welshpool. He used an Orange colored Yamashita Live Squid Jig.
Gip320mmSquid.jpg
This squid was caught at Welshpool on the weekend for the Thorpdale & District Angling Club Annual Squid comp by Col Ware.
GipWhiting.jpg
A customer fished Port Albert on Sunday, said it was a slow morning. Waited for an hour before low tide and went and pumped bass yabbies. Parked up away from a mob of boats and got onto a patch of whiting on the run in, and left them biting.