Traralgon, Vic 3844
Ph: 03 5174 8544
sales@allwaysangling.com.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 8/12/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:12 pm

PORT WELSHPOOL
This past week at Corner Inlet has been the most epic snapper bite in a long time. There were massive schools of Snapper in the entrance and all seemed to be pretty deep with the New Moon. This new moon we just had produced very small tidal flows and there was not much current at all, especially for the morning tides...the afternoon tides were a little stringer and have progressively gotten bigger till now and we should see both morning and arvo tides being quiet Strong over the next week. This may spread the snapper back out throughout the inlet, I'm not sure, but all i can say is that over the past week, the majority of snapper have been caught in the entrance and as deep as 40 meters, but heaps between 30m and 40m (Hope you have an anchor winch ;)) ....Anyways, the snapper were good, they ranged from pinkies under 40cm and some anglers even caught enough to take a bag of 10 fish under 40cm, whilst other anglers just caught big fish of up to 85cm and the bite was so hot that plenty of anglers caught there bag limit of big snapper. Prime baits were fresh squid, salmon, trevally and pilchards. Both running rig and paternoster fished well especially because everyone was fishing so deep but i still think the running sinker rig was a touch more successful. Probably pay to run both rigs. We saw some cracking snapper with the big noses on them and some anglers were lucky enough to snag a 20 pounder this week, it was an extraordinary week of snapper fishing. It was the week not to miss!! Hopefully this week they bite the same, we have opposite tides this week to last week and a half moon leading up to the full. There should be some big reds this week and the whiting fishing should be red hot as well with the larger tides. Check out some of the flatties on here too, absolutely massive! Get out there!

Joel with a thumping big 8.4kg snapper which was one of 3 big reds they got weighing 5.9kg, 6.4kg and 8.4kg all caught saturday night in the entrance at around the 40 meter mark.
1WillWelshSnap.jpg

Matt Reid with a cracking snapper of around 6kg. This fish was caught during the last of the run out tide in 36 meters of water. A quick plug for Matty as well.....Matty is going to be taking over my Victoria Fishing Monthly Magazine 90 mile beach article as well, so dont forget to pick up the mag and check it out, I'm still doing the Mcloughlins Beach and Central Gippy article but was struggling to do all 3 so a big thanks to Reidy for picking up the slack for me, he surf fishes a lot and knows what hes talking about so it should be a good thing!
2WillWelshSnapTartan.jpg

Shannon Bright and Sean O'Neill had a once in a lifetime session fishing very deep in the entrance in near on 40 meters of water lat Wednesday night. They fished the last of the run out tide and bagged out on Reds to 6.5kg in under an hour. Shannon is shown holding the snapper.
3WillWelshSnaps.jpg

Shannon and Sean managed to Get a god feed of Whiting and flatties in the Lewis channel as well. A top days fishing in anyones book.
4WillWelshDead.jpg

PORT ALBERT
Last week my program stuffed up a couple of captions and this aweome catch was submitted by Aaron White and Wes Brew. A top haul of whiitng from Port Albert.
5WillAlbertDead.jpg

90 MILE BEACH
Daniel Bates and family had a great day down at McLoughlins Surf Beach landed some thumping big Bluespot flathead during the day on bluebait and surf poppers. This beast measured over 60cm.
6Will90MileFlat.jpg

WESTERNPORT
Ronnie Rayner with a huge snapper measuring 88cm and caught off Hastings.
7WillWestSnap.jpg

Will Thompson

Allways Angling
Shop 13/68 Hotham St
Traralgon, Vic 3844
Ph: 03 5174 8544
sales@allwayangling.com.au