JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 17/3/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:05 am

This is going to be a short report as I am in holiday mode with my daughter and her boyfriend holidaying in Jervis Bay. From what I've heard there were good numbers of fish caught over the long weekend.

Good reports from the Wakool Murray Junction at Kenley with one guy landing a 76cm, 60cm and 2 x 40cm cod on surface lures this week and another bloke landed an 86cm cod the weekend before.

In the Murray River:
A couple who had never been to Swan Hill before landed a 52cm cod on a Barra lure and a 30cm cod on a stumpjumper not far from the Riverside Caravan Park where they were staying.
A regular who comes to Swan Hill 4-5 times a year landed a legal cod last Friday near the floodway, 2 on the Saturday and one on the Sunday using cheese, grubs and yabbies.
One camp fishing downstream from Murrabit landed 10 legal cod over the weekend on yabbies, worms and grubs. And another camp also and landed several cod with two at 60cm. All fish were caught on bait.

Kyalite-Wakool river:
Vicki from the pub said angler numbers were down on previous Labor Day weekends, but she said there were plenty of yellas caught on bait, two cod at 55cm and a couple of undersize to cod. Campers on the Edward said they caught plenty of carp and managed a feed of yabbies.

The Murrumbidgee river:
The weir between Hay and Maude is still producing good numbers of cod up to 81cm on trolled black/purple, black/green 120mm lures.

The Irrigation channels:
The channel near Fish Point Road is still producing good numbers of yellas, some going up to 50cm, mainly on bibless vibes and blades.

Lakes:
Both Kangaroo and Lake Charm were a bit quiet over the weekend with the odd redfin and yella caught. Things should pick up this weekend with a high barometer.

Until next week, happy fishing.

JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
03 5033 0407