JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 8/9/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:44 pm

The first week of spring and we are still getting crap winter weather-I'm sure the weather gods have a total dislike of anything to do with fishing at the moment!

For the first time I can recall- getting hold of yabbies in the past 6-8 weeks has been near impossible-so if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some,let me know.

RIVER LEVELS:
-The Murray is steady at 1.94m
- The Edward, Wakool, Merran and Neiumur still have rises going through them-according to China the Edward is expecting about another half a metre.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- Kenley is still producing good numbers of yellas on shrimp and scubworms.
- Had a lady in the shop last weekend and she showed me a photo of a 55cm yella and a smaller one she had caught after putting in at the Wood Wood boat ramp,she said she was using worms.
- Yellas have been picked up around Swan Hill fishing in the backwater with shrimp,worms and yabbies(when you can get them).

THE WAKOOL RIVER:
- The Genoe area is producing good numbers of yellas on small yabbies/shrimp and worms.

THE EDWARD RIVER:
- The reserves on the Kyalite/Moulamein road are still producing yellas on scrubworms,with some big ones getting caught and putting a good fight.

Next weeks forecast is for better weather so hopefully I will have a bit more to report-JC.

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
03 5033 0407