488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 22/2/18

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:07 pm

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- Mark Williams sent me a photo of a 57 and a 64cm cod he caught near the Abbs last weekend on a black/orange lure and a frog pattern 75mm Oargee.
- There have been some good size yellas taking shrimp & worms fished in the deeper water amongst the timber locally.
- Scott Harris landed an 86cm cod on cheese/shrimp at the weekend.
- Corey Douglas sent me a photo of a 65cm he caught on a lure at Caeli Lane.
- Brooks Lane has been pretty good with one bloke landing 7 cod up to 73cm all on lures and another camp landed 11 cod to 56cm on lures and bait.
- Had a bloke in yesterday who said that he caught 11 cod over the weekend on lures and bait-most fish were just undersize.

THE MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER:
- Chris,Sammie & Ryder Gerkens have had a great week of fishing at Maude in the ast week, with good numbers of cod and yellas caught most days when they have hit the water-the cod have ranged from 50cm up to 90cm and the yellas have been up to 53cm-with all fish caught on oargees and codgers.Ryder lost one very close to a metre at the boat,when it straightened the treble-not bad for a young fella.

THE DARLING RIVER:
- I am hearing of a few cod and yellas getting caught in the river above Wentworth and the river has cleared up at Pooncarrie with a few cod taking lures.Had a report yesterday that cod have been taking lures between Pooncarrie and Minindee.

THE RUFUS RIVER:
- There have been reports of some decent size yellas taking yabbies,scrubworms.

THE WAKOOL RIVER:
- A couple of young blokes fished at Stoney Crossing at the weekend and landed some good size yellas on scrubworms.

This weeks photos:
- Corey Douglas
- Mark Williams
- Chris,Sammie & Ryder Gerkins.
- And a photo of my grandson Hamish with his catfish he caught recently-both him and his brother love their fishing.

## If you want some bardi grubs I will have some in the shop on Monday. Please don't argue over the price. As one bloke posted on Facebook yesterday: "If you want them, buy them. If you don't, don't effing buy them!" :wink:

### Don't forget the Swan Hill fishing comp is on next weekend and spots are filling up fast. I reckon we will see a lot of cod caught again this year.

Until Next Week, JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
03 5033 0407

JCs1.jpg
JCs1.jpg (20.69 KiB) Viewed 125 times
JCs2.jpg
JCs3.jpg
JCs4.jpg
JCs5.jpg
JCs6.jpg