JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 5/4/18

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:49 pm

What an absolute cracker of an easter weekend we have just had,I reckon its been one of the best I have seen for many years.Just about every fisherman I had in my shop over the weekend had a story to tell whether it was a PB,1st cod,1st cod on a lure etc.
There were an absoloute bundle of cod caught in the Murray in the swan hill area over the weekend,far too many to report them all.

## Finally we have a solid boat ramp access on Pental Island,with a concrete/wire mesh ramp put in at Brooks Lane,hopefully they can do the same for Caeli Lane.

THE MURRAY RIVER:

- Starting to get the odd report of cod getting caught around Lock 9,with a reported 120cm caught bat at the weekend.
- Plenty of campers headed to Boundary Bend for the weekend with mixed results,but I did hear of a 61cm cod caught.
- Stephen Fenwick is on a bit of a roll with another PB with a 96cm taking a yellow oargee at Wood Wood.
- Anthony Kirsten sent me of a photo of a 91cm cod he caught on a red/white JD lure along with a 69 and a 68cm fishing at Tyntynder.
- Jess Adams showed up the boys at the weekend with a 97cm cod,its the 2nd time Ben Spicer and his mate have been out fished by a lady,but they had a good couple of day finishing up with 30 cod between 45 to 97cm fishing downstream of the Abbs.
- A bloke put in at the town boat ramp and went downstream and finished up with 51-66-69cm cod an bardi grubs.
- A 75cm cod was landed on shrimp near the Murray Downs homestead and Eddie Sholtens landed a 81cm yesterday near Pental Island.
- Campers at the Pental Island caravan park landed several cod up to 75cm on black/red and black/purple oragees.
- A couple of nice yellas to 42cm were caught on worms and an estimated 35 pounder was landed between Caeli and Brooks lane on a yabby.
- Local angler Mick was fishing near Brooks Lane at the weekend and pulled in a 105cm another in the 90s on lures.

THE MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER:
- Mick Linnett sent me a photo of a 44cm yella one on 5 he caught at Balranald on shrimp and worms at the weekend.

THE EDWARD RIVER:
- A local camped on one of the reserves on the Kyalite/Moulamein road and finished up with 6 yellas up to 3lb and a 68cm cod on a yabby-the yellas were taking scrubworms.

This Weeks Photos:
-Anthony Kirstens 91cm from Tyntynder.
-Stephens Fenwicks 96cm PB from Wood Wood.
-Jess Adams 97cm from near the Abbs.
-Sam Mitchell with his 50cm cod.
-Tyndarah Kellys cod he caught near the "step
-Amy Mandersons 60cm cod near the P.I. caravan park.

With another week fine weather I would expect heaps to be out again this weekend - JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
03 5033 0407

JC1.jpg
JC1.jpg (20.32 KiB) Viewed 83 times
JC2.jpg
JC2.jpg (21.16 KiB) Viewed 83 times
JC3.jpg
JC3.jpg (27.56 KiB) Viewed 83 times
JC4.jpg
JC4.jpg (26.7 KiB) Viewed 83 times