JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 7/3/19

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:27 am

Long weekend and all the stars are aligned for what should be a great weekends fishing,with the Almanac saying this weekend is the prime time,the barometer is sitting at 1025 today and the weather if forecast for very lows 30's for fri-sat-sun and 27 on monday AND there have been some good size cod caught since my last report.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- Kerrie-Lee Woort had a day to remember fishing at Tooleybuc with her boyfriend on saturday,not only landing her first cod but also landing what most people dream about,her very first metre plus cod which she caught on a bardi brub.When they called into the shop on monday to get more grubs,she had a smile as big as the cod.They sent me video of her landing the fish but unfortunately I cant upload it to me photos.There have been some decent size cod caught around Tooleybuc in the past month or so.
- Had a report of a 112cm cod taking bait at Beverford at the weekend also on bait.
- Had a customer in early in the week and he showed me a photo of a another 112cm cod his mate caugth behind Murray Downs on bait.
- Jayden Moss sent in his photo of his 52cm cod he caught near Pickerings.
- Blokes have been putting in at the local boat ramp after works and have been landing several cod in the 55 to 69cm range on yabbies.
- Ryan White had a great day out on saturday fishing near Brooks Lane landing a PB cod at 92cm and that bettered that with a 105cm plus a few smaller ones-his fish were caught on green/yellow and urple/black lures.

THE MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER:
- Had a bloke call into the shop who hae been working in the Maude area and he said the river was looking really good at Maude and he said that several cod up to a metre had been caught in the past week.

THE DARLING RIVER:
- The yellas up to 50cm have been taking small hard bodied lures and spinnerbaits at Pooncarrie.

KANGAROO LAKE:
- Some good size yellas have been landed at the regulator in the past week on shrimp and small hard bodied lures with the new Tubby Native Minnows accounting for several several of them.Jayden Moss sent in a photo of his 45cm yella he caught.

LAKE CHARM & MERRAN:
- A few redfin have been caught on bait,small lures and vibes.

This weeks photos:
- Jayden Moss's 45cm yella
- Ryan White's 92 & 105cm cod
- Harvey Walker's 52cm cod

# I still have some bardi grubs left but they wont last long but I do have plenty of yabbies,scribworms and crawlers.

Until next week JC.

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
03 5033 0407
cbaitandtackle@bigpond.com

JC4.jpg
JC3.jpg
JC2.jpg
JC1.jpg