JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 1/10/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:23 pm

With temperatures of 28 today 32 fri 34 sat & 36 on sun and with little or no wind, I expect there will be heaps of anglers hitting the rivers this long weekend.

- Reports from the Murray at Boundary Bend is that the yellas are still on the bite,with good numbers being caught on worms and yabbies.
-The Murrumbidgee river at Balranald had a big flush through it,which brought the yellas on the bite in good numbers, the river has since dropped back to its normal level,but a couple of locals said they were still catching some nice yellas to 49cm on yabbies and scrubworms-
-Vicki from the Kyalite Pub said this morning that good numbers of yellas were being caught in both the Wakool and Edward rivers on most baits.
-Tony & Jacinta Ray are camped on the Wakool River at Mallool with the family and they sent me photos of a 3lb and a 6lb yellas landed on yabbies early in the week.
-I also had a report that the yellas "are going off" in the Murray at Wentworth on bait and small lures on the cast.
-Locally the Murray is producing yellas in the Floodway area,near the Abbatoirs and out at Nyah and campers at the Riverside Caravan Park are still picking up good numbers of legal yellas in the Little Murray,most of the fish have been caught on small yabbies,worms and shrimp(when you can get them).
-There are no reports from the lakes,but with the warm temperatures forecast over the next two weeks,hopefully that will stir things up and bring the fish on the bite.

Hope everyone has a great and safe weekend-Until Next Week Happy Fishing - JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCsGoldenWeb.jpg
Jacinta Ray with a recently caught golden.