JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 6/11/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:15 am

With 3 weeks to go before the start of the cod season,I'm hearing good reports of cod being caught in all our rivers and creeks and some of them are a pretty good size-I reckon this season is going to be one our better ones.

-Campers on the Edward river reserve on the Kyalite/Moulamien road landed several good size yellas up to 51cm on shrimp and worms and they also landed and released a 18lb and a 15lb cod on yabbies.
-The Wakool river in the Kyalite area is also producing good size yellas and cod on yabbies and scrubworms.
-A couple of blokes fishing the Neimur river over the weekend picked up yellas to 47cm and a 6lb cod on yabbies.
-I had a bloke in the shop on sunday who said he had been camping on the Merran creek since Friday and he had landed 50 yellas ranging from undersize to 3.5lb and also a 68cm cod-all the fish were caught and yabbies and shrimp.
-Three mates fishing the Murray/Murrumbidgee junction over the weekend said that the yellas "went off" during the storm and they said that one yella went "20lb"-if it did,it must have been a bloody big fish,they said they also caught a 6lb catfish-there fish were caught on yabbies,worms and shrimp.
-The Boundary Bend store reports that good size yellas and cod were caught on most baits in the area over the weekend.
-Locally in the Murray a few yellas have been landed on yabbies and shrimp in the Piangil area and near the Pental Island caravan park.

Until Next Week, Happy Fishing JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCsWeb.jpg
A photo of a cod from last year to whet your appetite for the upcoming season. Be sure to check your gear before chasing the big ones.