JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 4/12/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:41 pm

In last week's report I said we will be in for a great cod season,well with 2 days into the season the reports that I've had in all our rivers shows that fish have really come on the bite with the high barometer.The Murray has finally settled and water clarity is pretty good,the Wakool river has settled and as i said last week,the Edward river is rising.

- KYALITE - Barnsy from the pub told me tonight that both the Wakool and Edward rivers are producing legal yellas and cod from undersize to legal-he said some boats are catching up to 20-30 fish a day on all baits.
- GEE GEE BRIDGE AREA - A couple of mates of mine fished the Wakool yesterday where the landed 19 cod the biggest at 53cm and 3 yellas to 38cm on river mussels,wood grubs,cheese & shrimp.
- BALRANALD - The Murrumbidgee is producing good size yellas on shrimp,yabbies and scrubbies and and few legal have been picked up in the last two days on grubs and yabbies.
- STONEY CROSSING - The Wakool river there is producing yellas to 45cm on shrimp and worms and one angler landed for 4 cod just short of being legal on yabbies and grubs.
- THE MURRAY RIVER FROM SWAN HILL TO HATTAH:
- WEMEN has seen yellas to 49cm and undersize cod taking yabbies and scrubworms.
- HATTAH produced two good size cod last night(saw photos) with a 71cm caught on a dark coloured lure and a 65cm taking a bardi grub.
- BOUNDARY BEND has been producing good numbers of yellas and legal and undersize cod for the past 4-5 weeks on all baits and some on lures and spinnerbaits,and Mick reported today, that nothing has changed.
- KENLEY is producing yellas to 51cm on scrubworms and a few undersize cod on yabbies.
- TOOLEYBUC - There was a reported 80lb cod cod caught there this morning on bait.
- NYAH - A family camping there caught 9 undersize cod and 6 yellas to 48cm on shrimp,cheese and one cod was caught on a goat moth.
- PENTAL ISLAND CARAVAN PARK - One boat landed a 60cm cod on shrimp and 5 undersize yesterday.
- GREENHAM LANE -"Rocket" Robert Baker sent me a picture on my phone of a 65cm cod he caught this afternoon on a green no 2 Stumpjumper.
- UPSTREAM FROM CAELI LANE - Terry Higgingbottom fished that area this morning and landed 9 cod ranging from 40cm to a whopping 95cm(around 45Lb) cod-all fish were caught on cheese,he said another angler he spoke to, had landed a couple of yellas to 49cm.

# Received a new batch of Muldoon and AC Invaders lures in this morning for any one chasing them,and I expect Gidgee and Kuttafurra within days.
## For anyone chasing bardi grubs I have plenty of small( 2"+) in stock,but large/medium ones will go this weekend. If you want some put aside, give me a call.

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCsWeb.jpg