JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 22/1/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:14 am

I am assuming that a lot of people will take monday off, to make the most of a Aussie Day long weekend- I hope so because I have got a lot of bait in, including 300 bardi grubs!

- The Edward River:
The river in the Moulamein area and on the Moulamien//Kyalite road is still producing good numbers of cod of all sizes along with a few yellas taking most baits.A few of the bigger cod have been caught on large lures in the darker colours.

-The Wakool River:
Vicki from the pub said a 90cm cod was landed off the boat ramp in front of the pub last weekend,she thinks it was on a grub and she also said that one of the Standen boys got a heap of cod at the Wakool/Murray river junction.

-The Murray River:
- Mates of mine fished at Belsar Island last week where they landed a lot of cod all undersize on bait,one was picked up on a purple lure,the yellas were quite and they got very few carp,which has been the norm in most if our rivers.
- Mick from the Boundary Bend store reports that good size cod have been caught on stumpjumpers and the yellas have been taking scrubworms and spinnerbaits.
- The Floodway here at Swan Hill produced a 83cm cod last weekend on chicken and a 43cm yella was landed near Greenham Lane on a ball of shrimp.The Pental Island caravan park area is also producing several legal cod on yabbies and scrubbies,along with a lot of undersize ones.The odd yella has also been caught on worms and shrimp.

- Kangaroo Lake:
The owners of the caravan park were in my shop on wednesday and they told me that an angler picked up 8 redfin up to 26cm using shrimp and small yabbies fishing off the bank at the park end of the lake on monday.

‪This week's photos are from Clint Molloy and James Cottis of their cod caught recently.

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCsWeb2.jpg
JCsWeb.jpg