JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 17/3/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:53 pm

An update on the Murray river is that the algal bloom has reached Murrabit,which means it travelled 30 river ks from Barham in 7 days,or 4.5ks a day.At this rate of movement it would take 17days to reach Swan Hill which is 76 river ks from Murrabit-THIS IS MY GUESSTAMATIOIN-one would think that the cooler days and nights,would slow the bloom down.

GM Water released a statement on the 26th Feb stating that when the enviromental flow coming out of the Goulburn River reaches the Torrubarry Weir,releases from the weir are likely to increase from 5000ml/d to 9000ml/d for the later half of march.

The flows are expected to be in the range of 4000-6000ml/d by mid April.They are saying the river at Swan Hill could increase from 1.0 to 1.6 metres in late March.

The weather forecast for the week leading up to Easter and over easter will be ideal for camping: Mon-28,tues-30,wed-33,thur-26,fri-24,sat-20,sun-21,mon-22.

The Murray River:
- One angler staying at the Pental Island caravan park landed a 88cm cod on chicken along with 3 smaller ones during the wee.
- Daniel McCashney was fishing at Wood Wood with a mate last weekend and landed a 90cm on a Pink/Black Codger and his mate landed a 55 and a 57cm cod on lures,they also landed several small cod.
- The Donald Angling club were camped about 10ks above Boundary Bend where Mark Adams landed a 65cm cod on a Red/Black Oargee on the friday night and then hooked onto a 90cm in 2.4mtrs of water on a Pink/Purple lure on the saturday.The group landed plenty of cod between 40-50cm along with heaps of silver perch.
- Anglers at Kenley had a great weekends fishing with a 70,80,83 and a 91cm cod caught on Black/Pink lures,bardi grubs and yabbies.Several small one were with a few yellas taking worms and shrimp.

The Wakool River:
- Barnsy from the pub said that there were lots of cod and yellas varying in sizes caught over the long weekend on bait and lures,with one camp landing one legal yella and 10 cod ranging from 51-53cm.And another angler fishing at Kyalite on tuesday where he landed a 56 and a 68cm cod on a black/red Oargee.

This weeks photos are good size cod from Daniel McCashney's at Wood Wood and Mark Adams at Boundary Bend.

I will have plenty of yabbies,worms and frozen shrimp but my supply of bardi grubs is getting low,so if anyone wants some put aside for easter,get in contact with me.

Until Next Week-Happy Fishing JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCs1.jpg
JCs2.jpg