JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 7/4/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:51 pm

Firstly an update on the algal bloom: Contrary to certain media reports, the bloom has not reached Swan Hill,they are still pumping from the pumps at Pental Island, Nyah and at Piangil, which indicates that water levels are at a safe level for stock and domestic use-I went down to the bridge last night and river still looks like it did when I posted pictures from there two weeks ago!

BUT the bloom has reached Kyalite which was confirmed by Barnsy at the pub on tuesday,he said the water was green and had a smell about it-but it doesn't stop from people fishing.

The Wakool River:
- Barnsy said that there were heaps of cod caught at Kyalite last weekend with a lot of undersize,most of them caught on bait.

The Murray River:
- Reports from the Mildura area is that the river is very clear to below prop level,with several cod ranging from 80cm to a metre plus caught on large lures,but you had to work hard for them.
- The Boundary Bend area produced some nice cod and several legal yellas on yabbies,grubs,shrimp and the "other" baits.
- A bloke told me yesterday that his mate sent him a photo of a metre plus cod he had caught at Wood Wood earlier in the week,but he didn't know if it was caught on bait or a lure.
- The Floodway produced a 75cm cod on a lure for one angler and a couple of mates landed an 85cm and 2 @ 70cm on cheese.

A young bloke camping with his family at the floodway dropped a bag of easter eggs into the river, later in the day, a legal cod was caught and when it was gutted,it had 4 gold(no other colours)eggs in it-I saw the video of the eggs being pushed out of its gullet-it just shows they will eat anything!

Hopefully with the cooler weather forecast from now on,the algal bloom will soon disappear from all our river and lakes.

Until Next Week- Happy Fishing JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCsWeb.jpg
Hopefully with the cooler weather forecast from now on, the algal bloom will soon disappear from all our rivers and lakes.