JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 20/5/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri May 20, 2016 4:30 pm

The algal alerts are having an impact on anglers' decisions on whether to fish our waterways. For the 2nd week in a row, the lack of reports has indicated the lack of anglers fishing in the swan hill area.

As I have previously said, the algae has no affect on the fish and they can be eaten after being rinsed in fresh water. As long as you don't actually drink the water, things will be fine.

Hopefully with no footy this weekend and no rain forecast,there will more people on the river.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- Alan"Big L" Dunstone launched his boat at the swan hill ramp last saturday and picked up a 54 and a 55cm cod and when he came back to the boat ramp,he fished for another 10mins and landed a 57cm cod-all fish caught on chicken.
- Another local fished at Nyah last weekend and managed to pick up a legal cod on bait,but it was the only bite he got for the day.
- And there was a 55cm cod landed and a shrimp and cheese cocktail near the floodway last sunday.

THE EDWARD RIVER:
- The river is rising at 1.4mtrs and it has brought the fish on the bite,with several cod to 69cm taking yabbies,wood grubs and scrubbies and a few yellas to 45cm have been caught on shrimp and worms.

THE MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER:
- A couple of Balranald locals were in the shop during the week and said that good size yellas were still being caught above and below the weir,and they said that a few nearly legal cod had also been caught.

‪#‎1st‬ photo is of a good size cod caught on a Blue Scale Muldoon King Mong(which I have in stock) and the 2nd one is a blast from the past!!

Hopefully I will have more to report next week-Until then Happy Fishing-JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCsWeb1.jpg
JCsWeb2-copy.jpg