JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 3/6/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:47 pm

This is the quietest week I have had report wise, since the black water event some 5 yrs ago.I've hardly seen a boat go past the shop this week,I still think the current Goulburn Murray Water red algal alert is keeping anglers from down south away from the rivers.

I spoke to GM Water on monday and they stated they need to have samples taken 2 weeks apart to be the same low level before they will remove the red alert-they said it can take up to 72 hours to get the results from sydney and yet LM Water can get there results on the same day-one wonders if GM Water treat the current situation as a matter of urgency!!!!

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- The Lake Boga Sports Angling Club held a comp out at the Pental Island Caravan park last weekend with 5 cod caught with the biggest at 57cm-Jess Scott won the comp.They said the river looked great with no signs of algae and was reasonably clear.
- The Mildura/Wentworth area is still producing some big cod on trolled 140mm-170mm lures in the darker colours.

THE MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER:
- A few anglers have been catching some good size yellas up to 48cm on small yabbies.shrimp and worms.

THE DARLING RIVER:
- A few anglers have been trying their luck at Pooncarrie over the past couple of weekends, where there is water and have had some success with big cod taking lures,spinnerbaits and bait-hopefully the big rains forcecast in Qld might push water into the Darling.

THE MURRAY CRAY SEASON:
- With the opening this week for all rivers in Victoria and restricted rivers in NSW,I heard today that some good size crays have been caught in the Gunbower Creek this week.

# Hopefully we will have the red algal alerts lifted from our rivers before long weekend- I'm going to contact GM Water next week,surley they wil have both test results back by then!!

Until Next Week-Happy Fishing JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCsWeb2.jpg
JCsWeb1.jpg