JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 24/6/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:06 pm

I don't know about anyone else BUT I'm already over these wet and cold lead ups to a weekend-its has certaintly put a damper on getting fishing reports lately.

Both major rivers the Murray and Murrumbidgee are or will experience big rises in coming weeks,I've heard the Bidgee has risen 3 mtrs in some places all ready and the locals reckon it will flood into the creeks and billabongs,which will be good for the fish and the yabbies..

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- Anglers who braved the cold last weekend landed a couple of legal cod between Caeli and Brooks lane using yabbies and scrubbies.
- Another bloke tried his luck at Murrabit last sunday and picked up a few cod,mostly undersize, fishing with shrimp and worms amongst the snags.
- A couple of mates put in at the Wemen boat ramp during the week and boated downstream and picked up a 68cm and a 71cm cod on a trolled black/white AC Invader and on a black/pick Koolabung Codzilla.
- I'm still hearing reports of big cod taking large lures in the Mildura/Wentworth area.

THE MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER:
- Had a local from Balranald in this morning and he said there have been some good size cod caught in the Maude area,fishing off the bank with yabbies and grubs.He also said there had been some good fishing above the Redbank weir over the past weeks on bait and lures and with the expected big rises,the fish should be jumping.

THE DARLING RIVER:
- Anglers are still travelling to the Pooncarrie area to try their luck on big cod,with nearly everyone bringing back a picture of a big catch.I've also heard that the yellas have fired up,with one camp landing 38 over a weekend.Most fish have been caught on large lures,surface lures and spinnerbaits.

THE EDWARD RIVER:
- The only report received is one bloke trolling dark coloured Oar Gee lures near the Moulamien township ,picked up a 59cm and a 73cm cod during the week.He said he generally manages one to two cod every time he goes out.

Until Next Week Rug Up and Happy Fishing-JC.

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCsWeb.jpg