JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 26/8/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:04 pm

With 6 days to go until the cod season finishes there are still plenty of them getting caught even though the rivers are high-the secret is to fish close to the bank where they will be feeding on the high ground.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- Anglers fishing near Greenham Lane are picking up cod of various sizes,fishing with bardi grubs and yabbies.
- I've also had reports of legal cod and yellas being caught at Boundary Bend and in the Wemen area mainly using bait.
- The junction of the Murray and Murrumbidgee rivers is fishing really well for both cod and yellas,also on grubs and yabbies.

THE MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER:
- A mate of mine was camped on the Bidgee overnight near Kyalite last saturday and landed 2 yellas measuring 60cm,both fish were caught on scrubworms(this weeks photo).
- Good size yellas are being caught in the Balranald area on bait.

THE WAKOOL RIVER:
- According to Barnsy from the pub fish have been biting well on bait downstream from the bridge and a 2.8kg yella was caught last weekend at the boat ramp in front of the pub,the guy was fishing off the bank.

THE EDWARD RIVER:
- Had a couple of Moulamien locals in the shop yesterday getting bait and they said both the river and the Billabong are still fishing well on yabbies and grubs.
- Some mates camped on the edward about 12ks from town for the weekend landed several cod to 60cm on grubs and yellas to 49cm on shrimp and worms.

Make the most of the fine weather forecast for this weekend and head up to Swan Hill for your last cod fix for the season.

# This week's photos are a 60cm yella caught in the Bidgee and the 2.8kg yella caught in the Wakool at Kyalite.

## Dont forget if you want to take advantage of my DISCOUNTED LURE SALE on cod lures,there is only 6 DAYS LEFT!!!

Until Next Week-Happy Fishing JC.

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCs1.jpg
JCs2.jpg