JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 6/9/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:19 am

Not a lot to report this week- It was'nt the busiest "cod closure" weekend i've had with a lot of lure fisherman steering clear of the high/ fast flowing murray. Most of the rivers are starting to drop but that will be short lived with water to be released from Lake Hume and the heavy rains in the catchment areas adding to more inflows.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- A few yellas have been caught in the swan hill area fishing close to the bank with small yabbies and scrubworms.
- A couple of anglers fished the murray/murrumbidgee junction last weekend and landed a nice feed of yellas on yabbies and shrimp.
- And a few yellas have been picked up fishing with worms and shrimp in back water eddies at boundary bend.

THE WAKOOL RIVER:
- I was talking to a fisheries officer during the week and he said that good numbers of yellas had been caught in the Kyalite area over the weekend on most baits.

THE DARLING RIVER:
- Its good to see that inflows will continue into the spring and once the river settle the yellas will come back on the bite,but at the moment they have been pretty quite.

No reports from the lakes yet but hopefully with the temperatures starting to rise,they should start to fire up.I did hear the Chum Lake at Birchip has produced some quality reddies caught a few weeks back and there were also some nice trout caught as well.

No Photos This Week!!

Until Next Week-Happy Fishing JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407