JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 30/9/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:03 pm

Grandfinal Long Weekend hopefully the rain wont deter too man from hitting the rivers.The forecast 10-20mm did'nt happen yesterday I measured 7.5mm this morning,and at the moment we have blue skies with a little white cloud.There is 5-10mm forecast for today, less than 1-5mm for friday and less than 1mm for sat-so hopefully there predications will fall short again.
All our rivers are high with the Murray pushing through pretty hard at the moment,the Wakool,Edward,Neimur and Merran are not flowing as hard.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- You will catch fish in the river fishing in the shallow water with worms and small yabbies.

THE WAKOOL RIVER:
- Todd Blackburn caught a 42cm yella on scrubworms last weekend at Kyalite(this weeks photo) and Vickie from the pub said that some good numbers of fash had been caught.She did say that the mossies are on steriods,so bring plenty of repellent.
-A farmer living on the Wakool at Stoney Crossing landed 18 yellas and 2 cod last friday using worms.

THE EDWARD RIVER:
- Had reports of cod and yellas taking most baits at Moulamein last week and I reckon the Billabong would also be worth a try.

THE MERRAN CREEK:
- The creek has been fishing well for yellas over the past week on yabbies.

THE MURRAY/WAKOOL RIVER JUNCTION:
- Kayne Gaylor just sent me a photo of a 52cm yella caught last saturday.

KANGAROO LAKE:
- An angler sent me a photo of a good size cod(this weeks photo) caught off the bank last weekend using minnow's.

LAKE CHARM:
- Had a couple in yesterday picking up some more scubbies and they said they had been picking yellas, some up to 48cm,fishing at the top end of the lake..

The channel that runs along the highway between Kangaroo Lake and Lake Tutchewoop has been producing good numbers of yellas on scrubworms-one bloke has been picking up 6-8 yellas weekly a week.

POONCARRIE:
- The Darling river is fishing well for yellas on bait.

Hope the weather gods are good to us and plenty of people can make the most of the long weekend.

Until Next Week- Happy Fishing JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407