JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 21/10/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:01 am

It looks like we are starting to get some rain free warmer weather(not before time),which I'm happy about.
According to reports the Murray will peak at 4.40mtrs at Swan Hill on tuesday and the Edward at Moulamein will peak at 5.80 also on tuesday,and then our rivers should start to fall away and clear up in readiness for the coming cod season.
We definetly need plenty of hot weather to dry out camping areas along our rivers.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- I'm still getting reports of good size yellas being caught in the shallows around the swan hill area on yabbies and worms.

KANGAROO LAKE:
- Yellas have been caught off the bank near the regulator and around the boat ramp on bait and I had a lady in yesterday who said her son had been catching the odd redfin on A1 worms in front of her house during the week.

LAKE CHARM:
- I saw a picture of redfin around the 2-3lb mark caught in the lake the other week,he said they were caught on minnows that he caught at the kangaroo lake regulator.There have been other reports of redfin taking worms in the past week.

FLOOD LANE(3rd Reedy Outlet)
- I have been selling a lot of bibless vibes this week with the yellas going off at the outlet,with plenty of good size fish being caught in the past couple of weeks-it will only last while the gates are open!!

POONCARRIE:
- Reports of yellas taking bait have been coming through but there have been no sign of yabbies yet.

MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER:
- The Balranald area still produces good numbers of yellas on yabbies,scrubbies and shrimp and I have have been hearing that the yabbies have on the bite in the area.

# The annual Redfin Classic is being held this weekend at Lake Charm,which is run over satuday and sunday morning.

## I'm going to check out the availability of camping areas in the Nyah and Wood Wood forests and in the Kyalite area this weekend,for the Melb Cup long weekend next weekend.

Until Next Week- JC

Until Next Week-Happy Fishing JC.

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407