JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 25/10/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:26 pm

With the very high rivers camping sites are a premium-so the following areas are suggestions that might suit some people and not others.

THE WAKOOL RIVER AT KYALITE:
- There are some areas at the telephone exchange reserve that can be camped,turn left after you go through the gate and you will come to flooded low lying areas where you can camp on the high-but its not on the river-you would have to follow the flood water to the river.

THE EDWARD RIVER AT KYALITE:
- Barnsy from the pub said that there were high camping grounds on the Sand Pit reserve which is approx 7ks from the pub on the Moulamein Rd and at the Bankstown reserve which is another k down the road.Like the wakool river you would have to boat through the flood water to get to the river.
The Kyalite Pub also has a caravan park as another option.

PENTAL ISLAND FLOODWAY & BROOKS LANE:
- Both areas are under water and inaccessible-If you want to camp on the island my suggestion would be the Pental Island Caravan park.which has cabins and powered camping sites.The park is right on the river away from "civisilation" and has a boat ramp,the park is approx 7ks from swan hill.

THE LITTLE MURRAY:
- There is an area suitable for camping at the Fish Point rd bridge and launching a boat wont be a problem.

THE MURRAY AT WEMEN AND HATTAH:
- These areas have fairly high banks and should'nt be impacted to flood waters.A couple of spots I have camped are at Walkers Bend,which is accessible from Walker lane and there is a track leading to the river just past the Wemen boat ramp which heads to Pound Bend.
I would suggest getting your hands on a copy of the Murray River Access maps-Tooleybuc to Wemen and Wemen to Mildura>I have copies in my shop.

LAKE BOGA,KANGAROO LAKE & LAKE CHARM:
- All lakes have caravan park facilities and are stocked with cod,yellabelly,redfin,silver perch.The annual redfin classic was held at Lake Charm last weekend where 100 redfin were caught over a day and a half.

As I said the rivers are high and are flowing pretty heavily so be careful and I would strongly suggest taking some prettty strong mosquito repellent like Bushmans 40% Deet spray can or the 80% Deet Gel,which is also a sunscreen.

At least the weather forecast is looking promising leading up to next monday(at this stage).

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407