JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 11/11/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Apart from forecast rain tomorrow we are starting to see some decent weather for a change.I went down to the steps at the park last night and the murray has dropped about 2+ foot in a week and will continue to drop and Vickie from the Kyalite pub said the Wakool river is dropping away fairly quickly there. Once again fishing reports from our rivers have been non existant,with most anglers hitting the lakes and channels in the area.

LAKE CHARM:
- The lake has been pretty consistant for the past 3-4 weeks with good catches of yellas up to 50+cm and redfin with some of them touching the 2-3lb mark.At lot of the fish have been caught on trolled small 50mm hardbodied lures along with bladed spinners and bibless vibes on the cast.Minnows,small yabbies and worms have been the best bait for anglers.
I just had a young bloke in saying the yellas are going off at the channel between little and big Lake Charm by fishing back into the little lake with bibless vibes-one bloke picked up 17 on Tuesday nite and another 8 on the Wednesday,he said a couple of blokes were picking up fish using frozen shrimp.

KANGAROO LAKE:
- A local couple went fished near the regulator on wednesday evening and landed 15 good size yellas in an hour and dropped a heap more.They were casting with bibless vibes and small soft plastics and they said some of the fish were around the 50cm mark.
Another report today from my brother maurie and a mate who bagged out fishing the channel side of the regulator this morning.He said a couple of old blokes had landed some whoppers using yabbies and he said they could see heaps of reddies feeding on the minnows.

KOW SWAMP:
- I did hear that anglers have had some good success fishing at the regulator,with good size yellas taking lures and baits-but like most regulators they can be on one day and off the next.

DARLING RIVER:
- A mate from mildura rang me during the week to say they fished the weir at Pooncarrie last saturday and landed some whopping yellas on yabbies and scrubworms.

# With the cod opening weekend only 3 weeks away I'm hoping that all our rivers will be somewhere near being back to normal in flow and clarity.

Until Next Week-Happy Fishing JC.

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407