JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 18/11/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:03 pm

Another fine warm weekend coming up which should get people motivated to wet a line.I'm still not getting any reports from our rivers which are all dropping at the moment.

The Murray at swan hill has dropped around 4 foot and is starting to clear up which means that the low lying camping grounds should be starting to drain off,and with the warmer weather they should start to dry out.

I am going for a drive next weekend to see if any of the camping sites are accessible for the start of the cod season.

Speaking of cod I find it rather amazing that there has been no coverage of the black water deaths in any of the news media-its like there has been a news suspression order put on it and no one wants to talk about it.

I sent email to Peter Walsh(MP) to discuss if he could put pressure on the relevant authorities to do something about it-but I've had no reply.
Hopefully the first ever Cod Conference being held in shepparton in early dec can discuss ways of putting pressure on the relevant authorities to come up with strategies to preserve our native fisheries.

LAKE CHARM:
- The lake is still fishing well with good size yellas and redfin taking small hardbodied lures on the troll,bibless vibes and bladed redfin spinners.Favoured baits are minnows,small yabbies and scrubbies.

KANGAROO LAKE:
- The lake is also fishing well at the northern end of the lake and at the regulator.Anglers fishing in the lake have had great success by dragging yabbies along the bottom,resulting in the big yellas being caught.Redfin have also been caught in the lake on minnows and there is no shortage of them in the channel.
Fishing on the channel side of the regulator with bibless vibes and blades has resulted in good numbers of yellas caught

KOW SWAMP:
- A local has been fishing the channels going into and out of the swamp with bibless vibes and has been picking up some very good size yellas-but he did say that they can be a bit hit and miss.

LAKE BOGA:
- I've had no reports from the lake apart from people saying you can se plenty of carp hanging around the edges of the lake.I think most anglers have been targeting Charm and Kangaroo and not Boga.=Just received a message from Jason from the caravan park to say that Silver Perch up to 3lb have been caught this week-he said you have to fish between the carp!!!

## Fisheries Victoria is conducting a fish monitoring event at Kangaroo Lake tomorrow from 7am to 4pm with plenty of prizes and giveways.The meeting point to pick up your diaries is at the Lions Park off Gorton Dr on the south west side of the lake.
The purpose is to collect information on the effectiveness of the "fish motels" put in the lake in 2014. Ninety four of the wooden structures were put into Boga and Kangaroo back then.

Until Next Week-Happy Fishing JC.

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407