JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
subeditor
Admin

Report 2/12/16

Post by subeditor » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:57 pm

I have just driven into the Nyah Forest to check out camping sites,I could get right through past the Koraleigh township pumps.You can get past the pumps for for about 4-5 bends before coming to a wet track.I saw 5 camps already set up and there are other vacant sites still available-but it will be " first in best dressed"
You can get into the forest past the Nyah West footy ground or by Byrnes Lane which is a few ks from Nyah and is sign posted.
I spoke to one camp and they arrived last nite and had caught a 45cm cod on bait,another bloke trolled lures all day,had a few hits but no kook ups.
A couple of mates put in at Swan Hill this morning and headed upstream,had plenty of bites but only caught a carp.But they did catch some good size shrimp and some small yabbies in there shrimp net-which is a good sign and he said that you see his prop in the light tea brown water.

Another possible camp site is at Gillick Reserve which is just out of Wood Wood,it has steep banks,but boats can be launched at the Wood Wood boat ramp near the toilet block-it will either be sign posted as Gillicks Reserve or Major Mitchell memorial.

Pental Island access at the Floodway and Brooks lane is still hampered by wet and muddy conditions and will need a week or two of hot weather to dry them out.

LAKE CHARM:
- A local was in today getting bait and she said that they caught 8 good size redfin yesterday on minnows and frozen shrimp and a few yellas have been picked up on small stumpjumpers.

KANGAROO LAKE:
- The regulator is still producing yellas some up to 50cm on bibless vibes,at the moment the "best" times seem to be early morning and late afternoon.

## I hope to see some cod photos no matter what size this season.###

Good Luck For The Season-JC

C's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407