JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 8/12/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:01 pm

As you would have seen from my earlier reports this week since the opening,we are seeing very good numbers of cod getting caught in our region,which indicates a very healthy fishery-one that dodged the black"hypoxic" water this time!!

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- Tim"Fatty"Price sent me a photo of a 51cm cod he caught on a trolled pink/black AC Invader at Gonn Crossing(near Murrabit) last weekend.He said they also caught 6 cod ranging from 45-54cm on shrimp/work cocktails and a 50cm yella.He also said a good size cod was dropped on a spinnerbait.
- A local angler caught a 1.04 and a 66cm cod near the "steps" at Swan Hill,both fish were caught on bardi grubs.Its not the first time big cod have been caught around the steps/Goat island area over the past seasons.

THE LITTLE MURRAY:
- Following on from her 51cm cod last thursday Ying Budkam fished from her husbands boat moored at the Riverside Caravan park the other day and landed 2 cod to 40cm and a 36cm yella on bait.

KOW SWAMP:
- Have been hearing reports of good size cod being caught in the channels on bait and lures.A couple of photos I saw would have been around the 65-80cm mark.

GUNBOWER CREEK:
- A couple of Cohuna locals were in the shop this morning and they said the cod were going balistic in the creek,even right in town at Cohuna where they were coming up to the aerated water.

POONCARIE:
- A local husband and wife who have never fished the Darling spent last weekend on a property this side downstream from Pooncarrie.They landed a dozen cod ranging from 65-93cm on shrimp and worms,and they said they caught several big blue yabbies in their shrimp net,which is a promising sign fo when it really heats up.

KANGAROO LAKE:
- A retired coiuple fished from the pontoon at Kangaroo Lake during the week and landed 5 yellas up to 35cm on worms.The regulator is still open which means the yellas should be still chasing bibless vibes.

LAKE CHARM:
-They started filling the lake on tuesday which will up stir the yellas along with the redfin,which have been on the chew for some time with minnows from the kangaroo lake regulator the best bait.I have just had a couple in with photos of what they thought were silver bream but they were boney bream and they said there were hundreds of them from 2'' to 30cm at the regulator-the native fish in the lake are going to luv them!!

BOUNDARY BEND:
- Just spoke to Mick from the caravan park/store to see what was happening up there and he said that the river has dropped to buggery and access to camp sites is still not available.He did say that there were no signs of dead fish in the area,which is a positive sign.

Until Next Week Happy Fishing JC.

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCs.jpg
Tim Price with his cod caught on a Pink/Black AC
JCs.jpg (11.76 KiB) Viewed 170 times