JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 23/12/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:29 pm

The xmas holiday period is upon us and the weather is going to absolutely great for camping.The Murray is looking really well and the other rivers and creeks have all cleared up and camping areas have dried out.
The shop will be closed xmas day and re-open on boxing day and I will have plenty of bait except for bardi grubs,which are extremely hard to get hold of-but I do have wood grubs.

THE MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER:
- A regular customer fished the bidgee at Maude last weeeknd and landed a 60cm and 2 smaller cod on a black/red codzilla lure.

THE GUNBOWER CREEK:
- A couple of mates fishing at Gunbower finished up with 18 cod and 16 yellas for the weekend with all fish caught on bait.

KOW SWAMP:
- The regulator is still producing good numbers of yellas on bait and vibes.

LOCAL IRRIGATIONS CHANNELS:
- The Kerang lakes channel systems are producing yellas and redfin on bait and vibes.
- There have been good reports from the Kangaroo lake channel system between the lake and lake boga,with one young bloke landing redfin in the 4-5lb range and good numbers of yellas from 50-60cm -all fish caught on dark coloured bibless vibes.

THE DARLING RIVER:
- The river in the Pooncarrie area is fishing well for cod on bait and lures and dont forget the the yabby nets.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- A mate fished at Brooks Lane early in the week and land a 56cm yella on a yabby and he said the boat ramp is accessible now.
- Two mates fished near the Abbs on wed night and landed 2 cod at 55cm on yabbies and shrimp
- I'm getting good reports from the Murrabit area with a 97cm,85cm,80cm caught on spinnerbaits and 2 x 60cm cod caught on yabbies.
- Had another report of a 92cm cod caught on a yabby at Barham during the week.
- Had a report from Nick Tarbett and his girlfriend Amy who fished the murray at Cohuna last weekend where they landed 12 cod between 55 & 65cm on cheese(this weeks photos).

LAKE CHARM:
- Water is still running into the lake and the yellas and redfin are lapping it up,with some redfin measuring 48cm taking minnows and small yabbies.The yellas have been caught on bait,small lures and bibless vibes

With another year just about gone I want to wish everyone a very merry xmas and a safe and healthy new year-take care on the roads ,rivers and lakes over the summer period.

And finally to all the anglers who supply me with weekly information- a BIG thank you,because without your reports-I would'nt have a weekly fishing report!

Until Next Week-Happy Fishing & Merry Xmas JC.

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407

# This weeks photos are from Amy with her 60cm cod and her boyfriend Nick Tarbett.
JCsChick.jpg
JCsChick.jpg (19.79 KiB) Viewed 211 times
JCsHat.jpg
JCsHat.jpg (25.86 KiB) Viewed 211 times