JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 12/1/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Anglers and campers have been making the most of the fine and sometimes very hot weather this week,with good numbers of fish and yabbies caught in the area.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- A couple from S.A. have spent this week at the Pental Island Caravan Park having never been there before,and have had a ball catching 9 cod ranging from 38cm to 54cm-they caught 5 different species from one snag yesterday including the 54cm cod-so they are staying en extra day.
- Daniel McCashney sent me a pic of 62cm cod caught near the Floodway and another angler landed a 64cm on a yabby also near the floodway area during the week.
- Campers at Caeli Lane landed several cod up to 59cm using chicken,cheese and yabbies.
- James Cottis also sent me a pic of his 57cm cod caught at Barham during the week.

THE EDWARD RIVER:
- Campers at Stevens Weir got onto some nice cod with the biggest at 69cm which was caught on a black/pink lure.
- I'm also hearing that they are catching big numbers of yabbies at the Chaa Sing Reserve.

KANGAROO LAKE:
- A group fishing near the boat ramp during the week landed several good size yellas using yabbies and the regulator is still producing yellas using bibless vibes.

LAKE BOGA:
- Jason from the Caravan Park reports that one bloke landed 18 redfin during the week by using a bobber,he said there were a few small ones amongst them.He said that a small cod was caught off the concrete ramp on worms and there is plenty of carp for the kids to catch.

LAKE CHARM:
- Anglers are still landing some nice redfin and yellas using minnows,small yabbies,worms and small hardbodied lures.

THE CHANNEL OFF FISH POINT ROAD:
- Joe Kamenar caught a couple of nice yellas with one going 3.4kgs yesterday morning,they were caught on a black vibe and a mate of mine Doug Macfarlane called into my shop on his way back from the channel yesterday afternoon with 3 whoppers,with 2 measuring 57cm-one of the fish snapped the treble at the split ring on his light coloured vibe.

Photos: James Cottis, Daniel McCashney and Joe Kamenar.

Until Next Week Happy Fishing-JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
JCsBeerCod.jpg
JCsShadyCod.jpg
JCsYella.jpg